Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. New to the sight, not neccesarily new to the gun world. I have hunted since I was little. I bought my first handgun about 10 years ago. Unfortunately I don't get to shoot much. Not too many places for the puclic to shoot down here on the coast. The one club that I know about just rasied their membership dues up to $200. Can't afford that. Anyways, thought I'd say hi.
Stay Frosty,
Mike

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Not too many public places to shoot up in New York, either. Stinks, doesn't it?

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi people. New to the sight, not neccesarily new to the gun world. I have hunted since I was little. I bought my first handgun about 10 years ago. Unfortunately I don't get to shoot much. Not too many places for the puclic to shoot down here on the coast. The one club that I know about just rasied their membership dues up to $200. Can't afford that. Anyways, thought I'd say hi.
Stay Frosty,
Mike
Is it relaxed any, shooting-wise, farther north away from the coast? Can persons who own a reasonably sized piece of land, outside big city jurisdiction, shoot on their own property legally? How large a piece of land would allow this?

Lots of questions, I know, but I like Miss. enough to one day want to live there- if I can keep shooting.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
Welcome here. :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it relaxed any, shooting-wise, farther north away from the coast? Can persons who own a reasonably sized piece of land, outside big city jurisdiction, shoot on their own property legally? How large a piece of land would allow this?

Lots of questions, I know, but I like Miss. enough to one day want to live there- if I can keep shooting.
I'm not a law expert but, I believe that as long as you are outside a city's corporate limits you can shoot. Within reason anyway. I mean if you lived in a subdivision outside corporate limits, yeah, that would be a problem.
If you own a couple of acres in the county and your careful about it you could most likely shoot as long as no one complained. I believe definately you could do it if you had property that backed up to wooded acreage with no houses behind them for a few hundred yards. MS is pretty generous when it comes to gun laws. We have Concealed carry, castle doctrine, - it even considers your vehicle an extension of your home. Meaning your afforded the same rights to self defense in your vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts