hey looking to buy another 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by kyleytxrialover, Jan 22, 2011.

1. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

went to the gun range today met a lady who shot the colt mkiv80 ss she just loved it so i sold it to her so now i am looking for another 1911 used in the 600.00 range\

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

OK :confused:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

my question:

did she look like rosie odonell
    [​IMG]

or like this
    [​IMG]

4. kyleytxrialover

she was married her and hubby came to the range with our gun club, she shot my colt and fell in love,her husband is getting her into her
    chl so he begged i sold and she was fine dammit. so i got jacked

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Dont feel bad-
    It happens :D

6. kyleytxrialover

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Well you sold a Colt and probably won't find another for 6 bills. Personally, I'm a Springer fan as I like no FPB and they seem to work well for me. At $600, you could certainly get a new Mil-Spec and might luck into a used Loaded...

8. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I just sold a SA 5" parkerized Loaded for $660 and then my inbox had an offer for $675. Oh well. My gun became this guy's first gun purchase ever. That's good mojo.

I only bring that up to let you know that $600 will probably get you a Mil-Spec at that price, not a Loaded. I'd rather have a more mid-range SA than a top-o'-the-line RIA or something.

Are you patient or is that $600 burning a hole? That would make a difference in your choice.

9. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

fpb???....

10. colmustard

colmustard New Member

(fpb) I think he is refering to the fireing pin block found on most new 1911 pistols. Colt calls it a series 80.;)

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Correct there sir. While I have had no problems with the 1911s I've owned with FPBs, it is extra "linkage" and a deviation from the JMB design...