Hey look new deer stand

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by mopowerbmx, May 11, 2014.

1. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I woke up this morning then realized the new kids fun house can be daddy's club house. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1399810083.294603.jpg

2. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

Just remember what your there for......:)

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I found a good deer stand some time ago....

deer crossing.jpg

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I bet that sucker has a coffee maker in it, plenty of room for a lounge chair also! No FLIR?

5. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

OH LOOK! A quick get away option with the slide if Game Management comes knocking. How many of your huntin partners do you think it will hold, cause I'm needing a new area? I'll even bring the Coffee.

6. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Short story about that. One year about 20 years ago me and my father were dove hunting on my grandfathers land when watch you know a warden comes driving up."we didn't have license it was a spur moment just for one day" lucky for us the path was at least 1/4 mile so we saw him coming. We hid in the attic of the old barn for maybe thirty minutes. It was the fourth most frightening thing of my life.

7. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Laugh all you want.......... my buddy drug one of his kids old wooden swing set deals back into his woods, moved it maybe 100 yds with his tractor and his brother shot a 130" buck from it last season.

And my old hunting spot, had a deer X ing sign on the road by it (200 acre place). I've been alerted to deer coming over to my side by car horns. Popped a few of 'em too :)

8. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I have a buddy who has shot many deer sitting on the crapper. IIRC you are from NC and we don't need a hunting license on family land.

9. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Thanks I didn't know that. I thought the family land was only for fishing. And farmers. But there are a lot of portajon deer stands around here. Good idea. Probably a lot cheaper than building one out of wood. But for some of those guys at least paint them before you put them up. Haha.

10. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

The porta-jon stands are great but I ment his bathroom overlooked a clover field. The window was directly in front of his crappers so he had a perfect view of the field while sitting on his toliet.

11. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That's like the Hilton of deer stands. You just have to watch your head.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

redneck deer stands!

Attached Files:

13. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I like the third one. You could sleep there the night before, or after if you drank too much beer

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i like the one made out of a school bus!:D

15. Gabill

Gabill New Member

We have even made them out of school yard slides and industrial shelving. have some between telephone poles. its what ever you can find to make it a cheaper build.

16. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

+1 on the school bus stand!

The neighbors next to where I hunted had an old bus rolled up on the fence line that had a stove vent out the roof,it looked like it had been there forever?
    I think they had 4-5 hunters in that bus,opening morning sounded like little small arms battle in that direction? I think they all were shooting at the same poor deer until it quit twitching! :D haha

17. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

hey, go ahead and laugh, those redneck stands are the best.:D