Hey, has anyone ever heared of a bullpup B.A.R.?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Evil_Angel, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Today, I was looking at pictures of B.A.R.s on google, and I found an odd looking gun, so I clicked it to go to the website and it said the gun was a bullpup B.A.R., but I've never heared of a bullpup B.A.R. before.

2. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

Noone has heared anything about a bullpup B.A.R.?

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

People can and will build custom stocks for ANYTHING. We had a member here for a while that was building RIDICULOUSLY cool as hell custom stocks for the marlin model 60 .22.

Bullpup, PSG1, Dragunov, pump shotgun styled fixed stocks, you name it!

I don't think Browning has ever built a bullpup B.A.R. (I assume you mean the civilian semi auto hunting rifle?), but it doesn't surprise me in the least that some industrious soul would do it themselves.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

never heard of a bullpup BAR rifle. could be something from someones imagination, a comic book or a video game.

5. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

I image that would a bit impractical, but amazing anyway.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'd shoot the hell out of it.

7. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

The hunting rifle or the WWII-era SAW? I never have any idea which one people are talking about when they say a Browning BAR.

8. Axxe55

exactly. both even stand for the same thing, Browning Automatic Rifle.

9. Evil_Angel

Evil_Angel New Member

It is not a "WWII-era saw". It is technically a light machine gun, but the saw uses a belt if I'm not mistaken. The BAR uses a 20 round ammo box, or magazine, whatever you want to call it. And a BAR uses full sized rifle rounds, the saw uses tiny little m16 rounds. The BAR is far from a saw. And I meant the World War 2 gun. I love them, a rapid fire gun, firing not little pistol rounds, not little assault rifle rounds, but big, full sized rifle rounds. If you can make that a bullpup, that would be even better. It's like certain death being made shorter, more accurate, and more easily carried.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

It was actually a WW 1 weapon. No, never saw a bullpup version. The real thing weighed 20 lbs. On full auto you appreciated all 20 lbs and damn well used the bipod if you wanted to hit anything with it.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

He was probably simply referring to its modern equivalent role as a squad based individually served automatic rifle, and not the actual design. That was my impression.

Have you found any pics of one yet?

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

SAW stands for Squad Automatic Weapon, so yes. The BAR was the SAW of WWII because it served that purpose. It has nothing to do with it's design. It has to do with it's purpose which was suppressive fire.

Those full sized rifle rounds are 7.62x63mm (30-06), and those tiny m16 rounds are 5.56x45mm (.223).

13. Axxe55

the BAR of WWII came out in 1918 and was designed as a SAW. you do need to understand that SAW means Squad Automatic Weapon ans they have changed a bit over the years. the newer ones are problably belt fed, but the BAR used a 20 round box magazine.

i would think with a weight that varied from 16-24 lbs. it would be a little difficult to make it into a bullpup design and make it useful.