Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I'm 52 and been shootin since I was three. I'm mostly "into" bp now so most of my time here will most likely be there. I do have other guns so may make occasional forays into other sections. I'm rather old fashioned and don't care much for hi tech, para military, hi cap or safe queens.:D

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Hawg - You are most welcome in any of the forums you choose to participate in...

JD

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Hawg, to the forum.

Here is my hi-teck weapon;

Glad your here.

Don't forget to find stalkingbear. I know that makes no sense now, but just wait.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's my kinda hi tech Canebrake. Actually my 1911 is a lil more techy than that but then there are exceptions to every rule. Said I didn't care much for them. Didn't say I didn't have any. :D

That ain't a bad looking Mouser:D action in the background either.

·
Registered
962 Posts
welcome, im a little on the slow side:D, so whats bp?:confused:

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
welcome, im a little on the slow side, so whats bp?
Big Penis, really sgtdeath66, if you can't keep up (no pun intended) take notes! :eek: :D :p

Black Powder :cool:

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
That's my kinda hi tech Canebrake. Actually my 1911 is a lil more techy than that but then there are exceptions to every rule. Said I didn't care much for them. Didn't say I didn't have any. :D

That ain't a bad looking Mauser:D action in the background either.
No apologies needed Hawgster! Nice piece, is it prepped for an optic mount?

The great part about ole' school is we don't have to accept every 'new' fad and fender skirt that comes along as 'the way' to go.

It allows us to be selective, and pick the items we see as worthy (pleasing to our sight/touch), or ones that provide a clear improvement over the original item (new technology).

You are very observant; the long gun action is a pre-WWII German M98. The Ithaca M1911 A1 and the Mauser are ‘bring backs’ inherited from Dad.

Again, I welcome you and look forward to our next exchange.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice piece, is it prepped for an optic mount?
It had a rail on it before I got it, that's what the screws are for but now they're just screwed in and ground off flush on the back side. Won't ever have a rail again(not while I live anyway). Actually according to the previous owner it was a full fledged race gun but he toned it back down some. I know it shoots mighty dang good and will feed anything you put in it including empty cases. This is probably the highest tech piece I have unless maybe it's my custom built Smith Corona 1903A3 target rifle(old school). :D I might (probably will) put up a pic of it one day after I've made enough posts that pics don't have to go through a mod. What's up with that anyway?

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
It had a rail on it before I got it, that's what the screws are for but now they're just screwed in and ground off flush on the back side. Won't ever have a rail again(not while I live anyway). Actually according to the previous owner it was a full fledged race gun but he toned it back down some. I know it shoots mighty dang good and will feed anything you put in it including empty cases. This is probably the highest tech piece I have unless maybe it's my custom built Smith Corona 1903A3 target rifle(old school). :D I might (probably will) put up a pic of it one day after I've made enough posts that pics don't have to go through a mod. What's up with that anyway?
Feeds empties! NEVER let this gun go!

Oh wait, that's bad, :eek: you should pack it up and send it to me ASAP. I will properly depose of it. :p

Of all the complements (to express their confidence) a gun owner can bestow on a gun, feeding empties has to on, or near the top of the pile! Technically it means little, but it sure gives you that warm fuzzy!

Get some pics of that custom typewriter. :rolleyes:

We love eye candy!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got pics but gonna wait till I have enough posts under my belt that they don't have to be approved by a mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts