hey buddy can ya spare a dime?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bobski, Sep 24, 2013.

1. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

curious. how many of you still carry coins in your pocket when you go out? i dont mean end up with change in your pockets, i mean actually put change in them in the morning or before going out at night?
    is there anything out there that STILL uses coins anymore?

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Canadians seldom get anything right. But they have a $2 dollar coin. Good idea. It takes 3 of those to get a cup of coffee.:eek:

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Ha! I rarely ever use real money any more, but do carry a 20 dollar bill or so just in case. But everything I buy, maybe 99.4 percent a month is with a credit card that gives me rewards back on every purchase. Ask me about a handgun I bought at Cabelas for 109 dollars total :D
    I do carry coins in my ashtray though but so far have no use for them.

4. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I carry change for the snack/coke machine at work.

5. JayCody

JayCody New Member

What's this handgun you speak of?

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

No coins here...hate the weight of useless metal in my pockets. Even if using cash the change usually goes into one of the charity buckets at the register.

7. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

It is an EAA witness polymer that with my 'points' given me for using their card, bought me this handgun with just 109 dollars of my own money. If I was patient enough and waited a few more months, I could have bought it for free :D

[​IMG]

But coins do come in handy when a railroad track is nearby ;)

8. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

You mean just case you come across a toll booth?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbWg-mozGsU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

In my working days I used my Cabelas Credit card for all my travel. A 2 week trip to Scotland with air fare racked up serious points. I often had $1,000 dollars on my Cabelas account. :)

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

When I lived on the road, in the back section of my computer bag had ziplock bags with clean sox/ skivvies, toothbrush/razor, oatmeal/ hot chocolate, (separate bags, you ninny!) and one bag with 5 one dollar bills, and $5 in quarters and dimes.

When the airplane is broke, flight delayed, you finally get to hotel at midnight, and dinner is going to come from the vending machine- you'll thank me.

11. JayCody

JayCody New Member

I used 1 dollar coins instead of dollar bills because I had purchased a few hundred dollars worth when it was announced they would stop minting them.

I don't do that anymore

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  12. akms47nagont

akms47nagont New Member

I don't carry change around but for some reason I do carry these

Attached Files:

13. akms47nagont

akms47nagont New Member

I probably should've mentioned those are 1 ounce copper coins with the current value if I think $.35 A ounce

14. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

Quarters for the pool table if I go to a bar. That's actually the only instance I can think of where I carry coins on purpose.

15. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Where you get them? Neat little coin

16. akms47nagont

akms47nagont New Member

At a preppers store in Heber Arizona you could probably find them on the Internet under don't tread on me coin or Second Amendment coin just expect to pay more than what it's worth

17. akms47nagont

akms47nagont New Member

18. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I have a cookie tin that gets all my coins when I walk in the door.
    No change in my pocket when I leave the house.
    I also take all my $5 bills and throw them in the cookie tin. They add up really fast. Use it to pay utility bill, for vacation, mechanic bills, or just extra cash when needed.

19. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Oh, Anna, the ashtray is a font of ready cash!
    Back in the day, I bought a 1985 BMW 318 for $1.00
    Yep, One Yankee Dollar. I drove it to Florida where I used it as my everyday car.
    One day I decided to clean it out. The previous owner was in the habit of throwing his change into the ashtray, console, glove box, or just on the floor.
    Well, I came up with $26.00+ in change.
    I thought that was pretty good but after 2 years and lots of trips from Fla. to Annapolis, Md. and back, I bought another car and sold the BMW for $1.65 in a bar in Annapolis.
    So I made about $27 bucks on the deal.
    Never underestimate the ashtray change.