Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about heritage firearms? My dad and i might get a 22 revolver i just dont know anything about them

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Their getting better. But they ain't no Ruger.
Not bad for the money though.

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Heritage is a good plinker for the money -
After owning & shooting i think 4 i let them each go-
I'd honestly buy a used Ruger for a bit more than a new Ruff Ryder ;)

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
I haven't tried a Cimarron but they sure are some nice looking pistols for the money.

I have a Heritage with a 9" barrel. I really enjoy shooting it. The 9" barrel does not help the performance of the 22 wmr. It might with the new short barrel cartridges but I really have my doubts.

·
Banned
14,919 Posts
I agree with the others that Ruger makes a better gun if you can afford the higher price. No better gun than Ruger for the money though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree. Go with the Ruger. I have several. A Ruger is a much better gun than a Heritage. A Ruger given even minimal care will last several lifetimes.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i disagre Paying for the name RUGER and thats all i own a .22 mag/ 22lr heritage rough rider i coon hunt with it fires great never missed a beat and does the exact same thing as a RUGER but at half the price i also lover my .22lr charter arms Semi auto pistol with a 30 round clip now that is fun!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i disagre Paying for the name RUGER and thats all i own a .22 mag/ 22lr heritage rough rider i coon hunt with it fires great never missed a beat and does the exact same thing as a RUGER but at half the price i also lover my .22lr charter arms Semi auto pistol with a 30 round clip now that is fun!
I have to agree with you. My grandpa has had one longer than ive been alive and still no hickups. Just bought mine today i got lucky it was a display and the only one i could find at any sporting goods store within atleast 300 miles. All ive gotta do is order a 22 mag cylinder and buy holster:)

ForumRunner_20121221_204808.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
shooter88 said:
I have to agree with you. My grandpa has had one longer than ive been alive and still no hickups. Just bought mine today i got lucky it was a display and the only one i could find at any sporting goods store within atleast 300 miles. All ive gotta do is order a 22 mag cylinder and buy holster:)
You must not be very old?

·
Registered
6,928 Posts
Im 24... bd 05 12 88 im just assuming cause hes had it as long as i can remember
Not doubting or meant no disrespect (I envy your youth) its just that Heritage Arms has only been around since the early '90s :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts