Heritage rough rider

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by ineverFTF, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Anyone have experience with it? I have heard its an excellent gun. I want it for squirrel so i would buy the 22mag version. Just looking for 1st hand accounts.

2. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

I have had one for over two years. Have shot 1000's of rounds through it (about 300-400 rounds a week). Had to replace a couple of springs recently (inexpensive and easy to do). I do not use the mag cylinder. Bought it for cheap practice for CAS. It is what it is, an inexpensive .22 revolver. I believe the company has fixed some of the earlier problems they had with it (they used to have a plastic ejection rod). So if you buy one, buy new or not too old. For the price I would recommend one.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have had mine for a long time. Probably at least 10 years. Actually I bet 15 years. I have thousands of rounds through it. Shoots great. Only problem I have ever had was a screw that worked loose.

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

No need of a 22 mag for squirrel. A cheap used bolt action 22lr would be much better

5. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I have a good 22 rifle i want a handgun because i dont have one yet and i dont NEED a magnum for hunting but for 50+ yard shots i want the extra power.

6. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

So you are planning to take 50+ yard shots at squirrels with a cheap revolver?

7. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Not at all. Thats why i wanted some first hand accounts of how accurate it is. I think might just search around for a used ruger or taurus

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Great plinker for the money-
    BUT forget about squirrel hunting at any distance with one- :eek:

9. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Alright thanks guys. I think i will just look for some used convertibles then.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Gud choice- Try to find a Ruger Single six ;)

11. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Thats what i wanted to begin with. But i wasnt about to pay 500 bucks for a 22. Even a ruger.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  12. phildenton

phildenton New Member

They are great, i had one, traded it for a mossy 500, now im contemplating buying another rough rider, the 6 1/2 inch barrel one is great.

13. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I paid almost that for my Single Ten. The way I see it that gun will go to my son and to his and so on. So in the long run that $500 or so is not really that much.

14. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

I own a Rough Rider. It's a great revolver. You won't be disappointed with them. Great for target practice and I also pack mine with me when I'm walking around the mountain.