Heritage Rough Rider, who has one?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by spittinfire, Mar 21, 2011.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Anyone here have experience with them? I found a nice one cheap and wanted to get some thoughts on them. I've never handled one, shot one and really know nothing about them.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That's the .22, no?
    I sold the one I had. Simple revolver. Seemed to be put together okay. Finish was so-so. The guy I sold it to is happy with the way it shoots.

Okay if priced right.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

4. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

Are those true Single-Actions?... Do you have to cock the hammer manually for each shot?

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Junk. Save and be happy. Get a ruger

6. spittinfire

I was afraid of this.....3 posts and 2 are not good. I can round up a Ruger for a little more money. I think I'll wait. Plus, a 44mag Marlin lever gun has just popped up!

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You get what you pay for!

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have had a Rough Rider for about 10 years. I have put a lot of rounds down range with it. My son shoots it too. I have to tighten up the scews once in a while. But other than that I have not had any trouble with it.

9. Hawg

Hawg New Member

I know a couple of people that have them and they're pretty good guns. I just don't care for the useless as tits on a boar hog safety.

10. spittinfire

What safety? What kind of single action needs a safety? :confused:

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Spitty,

Look for an old High Standard double nine. It's a DA revolver nine shot. A friend of mine has a couple and they work great!!

Aside from that or the ruger (are you needing single action?) I would look at the taurus revolvers too.