Heritage Rough Rider 22

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by mrfox556, Feb 6, 2013.

1. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

I'm interested in purchasing one with the tax money. What does everybody here have to say about them? I like the 4"ish barrel and birds head grip. Just another toy to plink with.

2. hoovco

hoovco New Member

I got one as a grooms mans present. It's a decent shooter and mine came with a magnum cylinder as well. Good purchase for the money. I'm happy with mine.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Worth the money -

[​IMG]

4. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

Man that puuurty! And exactly what I want.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a blued one. No where near as pretty as Hossfly's. But it has been a great gun. I have had a few screws work loose. But that is easily taken care of. I would buy it again.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Doubt you'll find one- For sum reason they didn't make many nickled birdsheads:(
    Took me a year to find a 2nd on a auction----Wanted to keep them but was offered a really crazy price for the brace sooooooo------

7. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I have the longer barreled version with the birdshead grip. It is a fun plinker. My came with 2 cylinders as well .22lr and .22mag.

8. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I got the combo, and it is a joy to shoot, mines pretty accurate as well.

ForumRunner_20130207_140249.jpg

9. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Almost looks like mine!

image-3894550330.jpg

10. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Ok then, how bout now?

ForumRunner_20130207_183429.jpg

I really want a set of black pearl grips for it, wife got me this one last year for my birthday, its one of my favorites to shoot! And I've never had a problem with it. I also hunt with it.

ForumRunner_20130207_183607.jpg

It took 2 of the 5 squirrels in this picture, I love it!

11. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Fun guns to shoot. I like the ones I've got, a 22lr and 22mag. Both mine have 6 1/2" barrels. I've never heard anything bad about these guns. They are inexpensive and go bang with they are suppose to. good luck

12. hawaiifrank

hawaiifrank New Member

I bought one 2 yrs ago on Black Friday for $99. What a deal. Nothing fancy, blue with the wood grip. The single action was annoying but it was my very first handgun and I learned a lot practicing with it. In the past 2 yrs I've bought 2 more handguns, a 22 lr and a 9 mm both in semi-auto.

13. azzinaator

azzinaator New Member

Im not trying to knock anyones gun first and foremost. I have owned a few of these and i found them to be inaccurate and well cheaply made. Sorry guys thats my opinion. I would save my pennies and get the ruger single six this is a fun accurate lil gun you can pass down to your grandkids.

14. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I'm not gonna disagree with you on this. I did not buy mine, but received it as a gift from my brother a few years back. Fun to shoot but not accurate at all. For even more fun and accuracy I use my Browning 1911-22 compact. I do like shooting single actions but the RR does not even compare to my Cimmaron Lightning .38 Special or Ruger Vaquero .357. I'm not knocking the RR either but you get what you pay for and $150 doesn't buy great accuracy. When I want to hunt varmints and put the .22 mags where I want them then I load up my Henry Golden Boy and gitter done!

15. AR10

AR10 New Member

As a gun dealer a few years ago, I sold these guns. They were a good gun, but not collectable like a Winchester or a Colt.

I think they were liked by the people that purchased them. Never got one back due to quality problems.