Heritage Arms Revolver with a Red Dot (TRS-25) - Report

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by kalel01a, May 24, 2013.

1. kalel01a

kalel01a New Member

All,

Well, I got my daughter (KBStorm) to the range the other day, and she did GREAT with the gun. The red dot really helped out with her right hand / left eye cross dominance, and she had a blast. She's been asking me to take her to the range ever since.

Here's a pic of the gun:
    [​IMG]

Here's a video of our Gun Smith Scotty, putting the red dot on the gun:
    [ame]http://youtu.be/Ng5Ejk8g8do[/ame]

And here's my daughter's Video Review of her shooting experience:
    [ame]http://youtu.be/tbu_JqwoQmw[/ame]

I'm really proud of her!

Kalel

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Your little girl sounds like a real sweetheart. Seems she really had a good time. :) Reminds me of when I got mine into shooting. Mine is not little anymore and off on her own. She still shoots, I got her a Sig 226 9mm a few years ago and she wants to see abut getting a couple more. I do miss her shooting with me all the time though :(

3. kalel01a

kalel01a New Member

I hope as she grows older, that she'll still wanna hang out with her old man. interests change... and quick! We did have a LOT of fun though.

Thanks for your story... I appreciate it.

4. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Looks great. I am very partial to bird's head grips. I just finally picked up a ruger 'old' vaquero with a bird's head and love it.

5. kalel01a

kalel01a New Member

DrumJunkie,

I'm trying to make the most out of our time while she's this young. I think I'm on to something here... she seems to really love to shoot now! I hope I can say the same thing about KB later in life as you can say about your daughter right now.

6. kalel01a

kalel01a New Member

I'm really falling in love with the thing myself. We originally saw the Ruger Bearcat birds head (the ShopKeeper's model)... it's smaller, lighter and much prettier than the Heritage Arms. I was really tempted to buy it for my daughter, but I knew I was gonna put the red dot on it. A firearm as nice as the bearcat needs more respect than that... if you know what I mean.

Still, I'm proud of my daughter and her new found love for shooting. It gives us some really good quality time together... that's priceless.