Here's hoping this bill passes in TN.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Ghost1958, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't do this:

https://www.fox13news.com/news/police-florida-man-chases-down-suspected-burglar-shoots-him

MIAMI - A 28-year-old Florida man who chased an attempted burglar down the street and shot him with an assault-style rifle as he begged for his life has been charged with attempted first-degree murder.

Corthoris Jenkins told investigators he was playing video games when the man burst into his Miami area apartment on Tuesday, the Miami Herald reported.

Instead of calling 911, police said Jenkins grabbed the gun and ran after the man, who fell to his knees.

G66enigma, MisterMcCool and alsaqr like this.
  2. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

The Tn bill doesnt make it legal to chase a theif off your property and off him.
    It does make it legal to shoot the thug caught in the act.

3. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It is not state Land. Federal “Ownership” predates the state of Nevada. Nevada was given their choice of land when they go statehood. The first state Legislature and governor sold most of it to themselves almost immediately after they got statehood.

locutus and alsaqr like this.
  4. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Some Nevada newsie types researched the deeds. The Bundy bunch did not live in that area at the time Bundy claims they came into possession of the land.

The Bundy bunch have a new gig. They are going around the west preaching hate and discontent over COVID-19 restrictions.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    jigs-n-fixture and locutus like this.
  5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Cliven Bundy is much like George Floyd. the world would be a better place without him.

alsaqr likes this.
  6. Ghost1958

It is state land regardless.
    The constitution prohibits land ownweship of land inside a state unless it purchases it from that state and then only for very specfic purposes. None of which apply to the COTUS.
    Kinda like the 2a . The cotus says one thing but some want it to say something else.

But we are far afield me included.
    I doubt the Tn bill will pass, though it should be the law ecm everywhere.

7. Ghost1958

Rightfully so.

8. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Lets not forget "he" did have the option to not steal. I see no reason that after having something stolen from me I should then be forced into additional financial burden by being forced to support the very same criminal. Surely the irony of that situation is not lost on you.

And yes I am fully aware of the "business" that i called the US judicial system and how it rates in the world. I am also aware it is in large part due to how "humane" the US is in it's treating of criminals and the fact that many if not most other countries have a more "medieval" approach to justice which would seem to be more effective

9. Missfire

Missfire Member

So you are saying someone has the right to steal something that doesn't belong to them, so it's better to steal than work for what you want, right?!

MstrMsn and Ghost1958 like this.
  10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

He is saying that someone should not be put to death for the offense of stealing.

manta likes this.
  11. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I'm going to lay out the philosophy once and not argue about it for days with all the nitpickers and "yeahbuts".
    Everything I own, I have put a certain portion of my life into earning the money to acquire." yeahbut what about gifts? " ok,someone gave me that portion of Their life.
    At any rate, someone steals something of mine, he is stealing that portion of my life. Should be happen to lose the whole rest of his life in his attempt to take part of mine, he dealt the hand. He has no room to whine if he loses.

Ghost1958 and Missfire like this.
  12. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

And I thought cutting a thief’s hand off was barbaric. :eek:

13. freefall

You think locking him up to be beaten and sodomized for years is compassionate?

Ghost1958 likes this.
  14. fastreb

fastreb New Member

In light of the Supreme Court's ruling in Garner v. TN, I don't think this law will pass. Rather than pass this law, what I'd like to see here in TN is the law changed where you couldn't be sued by the criminal or their estate if the shoot was deemed legal.

15. Ghost1958

This is a totally different SCOTUS than made that ruling. Wouldnt be the first time SCOTUS reversed itself.

16. fastreb

fastreb New Member

It's true that the make up of the SC now is different than when Garner was decided. However, the SC doesn't reverse itself that often, and in this case, I don't think they would even take up the case. Just look at how often the SC has passed up the chance to set all the lower courts straight on gun rights cases in the last 20 years and you can see they don't take them up but just once in a blue moon.

17. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Define 'innocent'!!!;)

18. freefall

Unborn.

JimRau and Missfire like this.
  19. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

When crowds rush into a store and start stealing, nothing will stop them unless some of them get shot. Smash and grab crowds know this. So protecting property, especially during riots should be allowed.