Firearms Talk banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Fear of death or great bodily harm to self or other innocent person.

In my value system, there is no other justification for killing another human.
But but but, you wanted to kill all the Bundys in Nevada over " public land" with i think gunships?? I may be mistaken about the weapon but result is the same.
They weren a threat to anyones life and limb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Move to Florida. Our Govonor is proposing that you be allowed to shoot protestors if attacked by them. As far as thievery, thier lives are not worth my possessions and maybe they should consider that and evaluate the worth of thier own lives and what it may cost them.

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
But but but, you wanted to kill all the Bundys in Nevada over " public land" with i think gunships?? I may be mistaken about the weapon but result is the same.
They weren a threat to anyones life and limb.
The Bundy's were heavily armed felons, threatening to kill government employees.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The Bundy's were heavily armed felons, threatening to kill government employees.
Bad memory. The Bundys werent then and arent now felons.

They were ranchers threatening nobody. They did stand up for their rights when BLM began stealjng their cattle, surrounding their house with snipers and physically assaulting old women.
But they threatened noone . And werent nor are now felons .

So again now that facts have been refreshed, how does urging the killing of those folks fit into the only a threat to life and limb philosphy.???

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
Do you actually believe that the Bundys aren't felons?? I pity you if you're that naive.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hmm. So enforcing a court order to seize his cattle, illegally pastured on federal land, for years, is now theft.
Yep. Because the court order was for federal land. That land belongs to the state of Nevada. The Fed can constitionally only own land for very specfic things.
None of which are on that land.
And apparently the court agreed.
The charges against Bundy were thrown out of court in Nevada.
In Burns they were found innocent.
Bundy still ranches that land . No charges, no arrests no nothing.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Do you actually believe that the Bundys aren't felons?? I pity you if you're that naive.
Absolutley.
The charges were bogus to start with.
And were summarily thrown out of court with prejudice by a federal judge.

The FACT is the Bundys are NOT felons.

Still havent answered the question pertaining to the thread though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nobody cares about the Bundys...just say'in.

Now, if a porch pirate or two were to end up getting shot while doing their thing, and it got extensive coverage on the local news, you gotta think that incidence of package thefts would drop off for a bit.

Same thing with car break ins and car thefts. It would only take a few thieves being made examples of for it to have an effect.

Unfortunately most states put the rights of criminals ahead of the rights of hard working law abiding citizens. And that will be our downfall.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Porch pirates are the worst, they should be shot. Maybe with a shotgun with rock salt loads. You know what to aim for.

·
Premium Member
9,723 Posts
They were ranchers threatening nobody. They did stand up for their rights when BLM began stealjng their cattle, surrounding their house with snipers and physically assaulting old women.
The Bundy's are pond scum who owned a small property but claimed government land as their own.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It has nothing to do with the dollar amount. It has to do with someone illegally trespassing on my marked property, and then thinking that they can take something that I paid for, and they didn't.
When it comes to a criminal, their life has no value to me. They made that choice in their life, no one made them choose the life that they lead.
So there is no minimum value that you place on human life. That is good to know. With a little luck, your state will pass its blessing for you to murder.
I place no value on the thiefs life, none. They are nothing but a burden on society. Either they are successful and steal from you or are eventually caught and end up being supported the state. Good riddance to them. Collectively we are all better off without them. This to me is a fundamental truth and I struggle to understand anyone that defends them and their existence.

·
Premium Member
11,829 Posts
Bad memory. The Bundys werent then and arent now felons.

So again now that facts have been refreshed, how does urging the killing of those folks fit into the only a threat to life and limb philosphy.???
You must have a very unconventional definition of "Felon." I would ask what it was, but frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

·
Premium Member
11,829 Posts
I place no value on the thiefs life, none. They are nothing but a burden on society. Either they are successful and steal from you or are eventually caught and end up being supported the state. Good riddance to them. Collectively we are all better off without them. This to me is a fundamental truth and I struggle to understand anyone that defends them and their existence.
So, if you had it in your power, would you execute everyone in state and federal prisons that are there for theft?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I'm going to give an example here.

My MIL is on life maintaining medication (which is regulated as to when and how often it can be refilled). Going without it is life threatening for her. If a thief was in the act of stealing her medication (worth less than a lawn mower) would that in your mind justify the use of deadly force to protect her medication and potentially her life?

See for me the value of whatever is in question is relative and only really understood by the owner. What really is at stake is what is acceptable behavior. Am I suggesting the death penalty for theft; no; but in the heat of a crime you are subject to any and all means to prevent the crime. It is the chance you take being a criminal. And honestly, seems appropriate to me.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So, if you had it in your power, would you execute everyone in state and federal prisons that are there for theft?
Am I suggesting the death penalty for theft; no; but in the heat of a crime you are subject to any and all means to prevent the crime. It is the chance you take being a criminal. And honestly, seems appropriate to me.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Since you brought this up I will expand on my opinion here a little. It is my opinion that people are placed in prison to render them harmless to society NOT to be supported by it. In other words as a prisoner you should be responsible for your own upkeep. Either by working to support your own needs or by the "charity" of family etc. You should NOT be a burden on the state.

·
Premium Member
11,829 Posts
Since you brought this up I will expand on my opinion here a little. It is my opinion that people are placed in prison to render them harmless to society NOT to be supported by it. In other words as a prisoner you should be responsible for your own upkeep. Either by working to support your own needs or by the "charity" of family etc. You should NOT be a burden on the state.
Well, that is sure the attitude straight from the middle ages. If he came from a poor family, and can't work, let him starve. The beatings will continue until morale improves kind of a thing. The US has a big problem with the number of people that we jail. Part of that is that commercial jails are big business and they need a steady stream of victims. Perhaps the following will give you some perspective. You can judge a person, or a country, but the company they keep:

As of June 2020, the United States had the highest prisoner rate, with 655 prisoners per 100,000 of the national population. El Salvador, Turkmenistan, Thailand, and Palau rounded out the top five countries with the highest rate of incarceration.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
You must have a very unconventional definition of "Felon." I would ask what it was, but frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Innocent until proven quilty. Aint that how it goes?

Check the record. The Bundys were not convicted of anythng. In eirher state.

So unless your definition of felon means found innocent in one state and charges thrown out in another, but their felons anyway cuz i said so. The Bundys are NOT felons .

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The Bundy's are pond scum who owned a small property but claimed government land as their own.
The much ballyooed court always brought up when it suits the purpose disagreed. In 2 states.

And other than a small tract they didnt claim it as their own. They said it belingd to the state. Which lawfully it does.
The proof is in thr pudding.
Bundy walked out of two federal courts a free man. He still grazes his cattle like before without gov harrassment.
The gov isnt stupid . Federal judges will not allow BLM to persue the matter further lest they lose their illegal land claims.

Anyway hows about that shoot thieves bill down yonder in Tn.

Anyway

41 - 60 of 99 Posts