Firearms Talk banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
It has nothing to do with the dollar amount. It has to do with someone illegally trespassing on my marked property, and then thinking that they can take something that I paid for, and they didn't.
When it comes to a criminal, their life has no value to me. They made that choice in their life, no one made them choose the life that they lead.
So there is no minimum value that you place on human life. That is good to know. With a little luck, your state will pass its blessing for you to murder.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It’s a little harsh to be shooting someone over a lawnmower but wandering around my property at 3am I really don’t know what your doing. If I were to try and hold someone at gunpoint till cops got there I would be very careful that they are not armed or have a buddy with them. I would not generally assume they are there just to steal my yard equipment.

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
It has nothing to do with the dollar amount. It has to do with someone illegally trespassing on my marked property, and then thinking that they can take something that I paid for, and they didn't.
When it comes to a criminal, their life has no value to me. They made that choice in their life, no one made them choose the life that they lead.
Why not just have the death plenty for petty theft or send them to Australia, like back in the good old days. Maybe i am just not as macho badass as some.

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
Fear of death or great bodily harm to self or other innocent person.

In my value system, there is no other justification for killing another human.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
If there were not so many psychos out there maybe people wouldn’t think that way. Read the newspapers.
Sometimes the psychos are the ones "defending their property."

I would hate to see kids getting killed for raiding an apple orchard. That is exactly the kind of thing you will see.

Reactions: locutus

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sometimes the psychos are the ones "defending their property."

I would hate to see kids getting killed for raiding an apple orchard. That is exactly the kind of thing you will see.
One night I heard a noise outside went to the window and there were 2 people lurking around my garage. I grabbed my pistol and hit the spot lite they flew away in their car with the lites off. I don’t know what they were there for but it was about 3 in the morning and I don’t have any apple trees. I don’t know if they were looking to get into my garage or maybe the house.

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
Chain is correct about the apple orchard.
There are many folks out there that would just love to use apples or a watermelon or a hubcap as an excuse to shoot someone.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don’t doubt that. I have ran service calls in rural areas and pulled in the wrong driveway where I was met with a gun in my face. Apologize back out and get moving. I wish people would put their rural mailboxes in front of their own driveways.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
I don't think that the people of Tennessee really want to return to a midlevel justice system, I suspect that the politicians are just playing to their nutty base.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Chain is correct about the apple orchard.
There are many folks out there that would just love to use apples or a watermelon or a hubcap as an excuse to shoot someone.
Everytime and i mean everytime there is a proposal to repeal gun regulations or ease regulation of self or propert defense you hear the same crys from certain quarters. " There will be blood in the streets" The wild west etc etc .
Do away with conceal carry permits.
" Untrained people will kill thousands accidentally " . Didnt happen.

It never happens of course.
Texas has had the same law about protecting property forever. With none of the doomsday prrdictions coming true.

·
Premium Member
14,764 Posts
I don’t doubt that. I have ran service calls in rural areas and pulled in the wrong driveway where I was met with a gun in my face. Apologize back out and get moving. I wish people would put their rural mailboxes in front of their own driveways.
I run into that a lot. A cluster of mailboxes at the beginning of a drive that goes to several homes. They could at least put the address at the house.

Reactions: Ghost1958

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
So there is no minimum value that you place on human life. That is good to know. With a little luck, your state will pass its blessing for you to murder.
No, It's just I place more value on the stuff that I've worked hard to acquire then I do on a thief's life.
And Chain, We've had these laws for many years in Texas. It's not like we are just wanting to kill people and get away with it. But, the thieves know that they are taking a chance of not going home when they try to take what's not their property.

It’s a little harsh to be shooting someone over a lawnmower but wandering around my property at 3am I really don’t know what your doing. If I were to try and hold someone at gunpoint till cops got there I would be very careful that they are not armed or have a buddy with them. I would not generally assume they are there just to steal my yard equipment.
I paid over $8k for the zero turn mower I have, and yes I would kill someone that try's to steal it.

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
No, It's just I place more value on the stuff that I've worked hard to acquire then I do on a thief's life.
And Chain, We've had these laws for many years in Texas. It's not like we are just wanting to kill people and get away with it. But, the thieves know that they are taking a chance of not going home when they try to take what's not their property.

I paid over $8k for the zero turn mower I have, and yes I would kill someone that try's to steal it.
That is a real Christian attitude.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts