Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
The risk of jail or prison time for theft.
I’m not shooting anyone running away with a TV even if it’s mine.
It's one thing if it's a young stupid kid that gets caught stealing. Put them in jail and scare the crap out of them.
An adult thief is a different story in my book, and the State Legislator's in Texas seem to think the way that many other Texan's think about thieves.
We have the right to protect not only our property, but the property of other's with up to Deadly Force.

IMO, That's the way it should be in all 50 states! I'm also a firm believer that all prisoner's should spend 12 hrs a day turning big rocks into little rocks with a sledge hammer, and serve their full sentence.

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Forget all of the innocent people that would be killed. You really want to be able to kill someone for running off with your lawn mower? Is that the kind of value you place on human life? I don't get that Conservatives are willing to die to protect a fetus, but is willing to kill an adult over a theft of their "stuff."

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forget all of the innocent people that would be killed. You really want to be able to kill someone for running off with your lawn mower? Is that the kind of value you place on human life? I don't get that Conservatives are willing to die to protect a fetus, but is willing to kill an adult over a theft of their "stuff."

The law should be changed similar to the Tn bill in all states.

Only in modern America would a thief be deemed innocent.

Nobody forced the thief to be a thief.
The result of that action SHOULD lie squarely on the shoulders of the thief.
The proposed bill doesnt say one HAS to shoot a thief , simply that the option is there. There wouldnt be thousands shot because theft would be a rare occurance instead of a daily event.

As to unborn human beings , I suppose I lead a sheltered life but I've no knowledge of " fetuses" creeping around stealing etc.
No. The unborn are innocent and defenseless. The perfect victim for the left.

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
Your damn right! I've worked hard my entire life to be able to have the things I have.
Evidently, A thief has very little concern for the things that I value in life, so why should I value their life any differently?

Chain, Why don't you just put a big sign up in front of your place if you don't care if someone steals it.
Dear Thieves, I'm a Liberal that doesn't care if you steal my shi+.
Come and take it!

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Your damn right! I've worked hard my entire life to be able to have the things I have.
Evidently, A thief has very little concern for the things that I value in life, so why should I value their life any differently?

Chain, Why don't you just put a big sign up in front of your place if you don't care if someone steals it.
Dear Thieves, I'm a Liberal that doesn't care if you steal my shi+.
Come and take it!
I just wouldn't kill a man over a lawn mower. I apparently place a higher value on human life than some folks. So, tell me, what is the lowest cash value you would be willing to kill someone over? less than the lawn mower? Would you kill someone over your yard rake? I am just looking for a number here. Is it the monetary value, or would you just like a good excuse for gunning down someone?

·
Supporting Member
11,811 Posts
I think a lot of this Bill's point has been silently attributed to BLM and ANTIFA.
I would not want to shoot anyone for trivial theft. Stealing my car or truck in my driveway at night possibly another issue. "My Property"! But home invasion, rioting, mass looting or burning on my property, Simply put "Payed For"! In that case I would fully support the Bill. And I agree just shooting people by accident could be an issue. Although you know the NAACP as always is going to inject possibilities that in all likelihood would not become factual. And example delivery to the wrong address when the UPS guy might come back to pick it up to take to the right address. Who in the H*** is going to shoot a UPS man in uniform! I could see he might be challenged but in realty no one is going to make the mistake and shoot him. Beside UPS does not work in the middle of the night!;) If you noticed the main point of the Bill was in the night! Point being many a home owner has been killed and especially at night confronting thieves. Theft is a decision!! Don't play the game if you can't take the pain!:rolleyes: Of course the NAACP is a "Poor Me" Organization! Who always wants to protect the criminals and scumbags!

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
i ain't shooting anyone running off with my "stuff". A home invader is a totally different animal, he/they will get shot.
That I agree with. That is why I have a shotgun by my bed. If they come into your home, then they have indicated a willingness to fight you for your stuff.

Protecting life and health is different, to me, than protecting something that, was probably made in China, that I bought at Wal-Mart, and have left unattended in my yard.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just wouldn't kill a man over a lawn mower. I apparently place a higher value on human life than some folks. So, tell me, what is the lowest cash value you would be willing to kill someone over? less than the lawn mower? Would you kill someone over your yard rake? I am just looking for a number here. Is it the monetary value, or would you just like a good excuse for gunning down someone?
Depending on what the person did.
Money value? 0.00.
One person still draws breath because of the spiritual consequences of extermination. That's it and that's all.
Money has nothing to do with it.
But people in this country should not be law bound to stand and watch their property being stolen. We are of course.
Which is why this bill needs to pass to get the ball rolling.
Texas has wierd gun laws. But they got protection of property pretty well right.

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
I think a lot of this Bill's point has been silently attributed to BLM and ANTIFA.
I would not want to shoot anyone for trivial theft. Stealing my car or truck in my driveway at night possibly another issue. "My Property"! But home invasion, rioting, mass looting or burning on my property, Simply put "Payed For"! In that case I would fully support the Bill. And I agree just shooting people by accident could be an issue. Although you know the NAACP as always is going to inject possibilities that in all likelihood would not become factual. And example delivery to the wrong address when the UPS guy might come back to pick it up to take to the right address. Who in the H*** is going to shoot a UPS man in uniform! I could see he might be challenged but in realty no one is going to make the mistake and shoot him. Beside UPS does not work in the middle of the night!;) If you noticed the main point of the Bill was in the night! Point being many a home owner has been killed and especially at night confronting thieves. Theft is a decision!! Don't play the game if you can't take the pain!:rolleyes: Of course the NAACP is a "Poor Me" Organization! Who always wants to protect the criminals and scumbags!

How did this become about race? Bringing the NAACP into play here tells the largest part of the story. We were talking about thieves. They come in all colors.

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Depending on what the person did.
Money value? 0.00.
One person still draws breath because of the spiritual consequences of extermination. That's it and that's all.
Money has nothing to do with it.
But people in this country should not be law bound to stand and watch their property being stolen. We are of course.
Which is why this bill needs to pass to get the ball rolling.
Texas has wierd gun laws. But they got protection of property pretty well right.
I live in the country, and I don't have to stand by and watch my stuff being stolen. Even out in the sticks we have 911. Where I would be willing to hold someone at gunpoint until a deputy arrived, I wouldn't be willing to actually kill them over stealing one of my tools. If you tell 911 that you are holding someone at gunpoint, then in just a few minutes plenty of cops will show up. If someone called my bluff and ran off, so be it. For that kind of excitement, they will drop a donut in the dirt and jump in the car. It is the calling to tell them that someone vandalized your mailbox that may take a few hours.

·
Supporting Member
11,811 Posts
Simply because they seem to have to challenge every law that might hurt their agenda! As I read the article unless I am mistaken, the NAACP is the ones objecting to the new Bill.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How did this become about race? Bringing the NAACP into play here tells the largest part of the story. We were talking about thieves. They come in all colors.
Heck around here they are predominately white. Easier to see in the dark.

And aggressive. Many a thief around here has turned a confrontation when a property owner tried to physically stop them into a dirt nap , where the property owner had to shoot them in fear of death or great bodily harm.

Stand by my statement this bill should be the law in every state.

·
Supporting Member
11,811 Posts
Chain

I agree with you about holding them at gun point until the law shows up. For us it would probably be at best 20 - 30 minutes.
And I do not think there are many here who would out and out shoot someone even if the Bill passed. I am sure if it does pass here in Tennessee their will be some refinements of its scope not as it is written in the initial proposal.
But on the other hand I would not be present and stand by with my thumb up my ______ and watch someone break in and steal my truck or car.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I live in the country, and I don't have to stand by and watch my stuff being stolen. Even out in the sticks we have 911. Where I would be willing to hold someone at gunpoint until a deputy arrived, I wouldn't be willing to actually kill them over stealing one of my tools. If you tell 911 that you are holding someone at gunpoint, then in just a few minutes plenty of cops will show up. If someone called my bluff and ran off, so be it. For that kind of excitement, they will drop a donut in the dirt and jump in the car. It is the calling to tell them that someone vandalized your mailbox that may take a few hours.
Calling the cops may get you a responde in minutes. Where I live 30 to 45 min is the norm, to a shooting.
Someone at gunpoint may not get a response in an hour if at all.

What amount of property a person would shoot over should be up to the person, not the government.

·
Premium Member
14,144 Posts
It isn't the lawn mower or the TV that are important. If a thief gets one item and you let him he will come back for another. Pretty soon he will feel everything you own is his including your house. The "peaceful" demonstrators were doing the same thing. "We are going to take your house and kick you out on the street."

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
It has nothing to do with the dollar amount. It has to do with someone illegally trespassing on my marked property, and then thinking that they can take something that I paid for, and they didn't.
When it comes to a criminal, their life has no value to me. They made that choice in their life, no one made them choose the life that they lead.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts