Here we are........

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by winds-of-change, Oct 11, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Hello, ladies. This is our forum. Let me start it off by saying I am the 'lady mod' here and I am here to help in any way I can. I'm no expert on guns but I know where to get answers should I need it. I've had a pretty challenging life so far, I've been around the block a few times, I feel I'm pretty 'even keel'.

Post what you like here. PM me if there is something you'd rather discuss in private. I am tough when I need to be and nothing really shocks me.

But.........we all know this subforum is to talk about how sexy Shihan is.....since that's what he wants to believe. ;) Truth be told.......his wife is the 'brains' behind that outfit. LOL

But seriously, this is ours. Guns, relationships, raising kids, parents, jokes, complaints, self defense.......you name it, we'll discuss it. Problem solving anything.......I am game.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Isn't that always the case?

And Ive heard he's only sexy when he is wearing that iron hockey mask.

3. winds-of-change

I'm glad you are here, Eturnsdale. I'm afraid of the few women we have as regular posters not many are interested in this subforum.

I think it will be a nice place for us to post without the men's comments. I love the guys to pieces but sometimes they butt in and are 'smart aleck' when I am trying to be serious. LOL

4. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. Its good to be here.

On past forums, I havent seen much participation in women's sub forums. It takes a lot of work to get people interested. If I can get a second to write Ill try to post some well written useful information that may draw them in if they join.

Though, I have a feeling that with the forum so far down on the list many won't even find it. I only found it because I saw the announcement in the new posts menu. I rarely look at the main forum page because it has so many subforums that it gets confusing.

5. winds-of-change

I always go to "New Posts" when I log on. I think this will pop up on the "New Posts" whether one has asked for access or not. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

This post didn't show up until I was given access. Maybe they should change it so it is like the political section. i couldn't post, but could read. Its just a matter of changing the permissions. But that also kinda changes the whole point of this subforum.

7. winds-of-change

I have no power to change the technical way this forum runs. This is Notdku's forum and he decides those decisions. You are welcome to suggest that idea to Notdku but I kind of like the way it's set up now. But I'll go with the flow.

8. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Yeah. I do like having it so only women who have asked to join can see it. I have a feeling that guys would just read it, then start their own thread to try and answer any questions raised in here. It was just a thought. I suppose that anyone who joins this, and sees another woman in the introductions thread can simply recommend joining it.

9. winds-of-change

Good idea. But I think you have to be a SM to post in this forum........besides being a woman. :p But I'm not sure. I'll look into that.

10. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Ok. If so, maybe we can convince the boss to let any woman in. SM or not. It may help bolster awareness some if they didn't have to pay or be sponsored.

Every single woman out there should be armed and knowledgeable. Wait those two things kinda go hand in hand don't they?

11. winds-of-change

I believe this subforum is open to any woman who is a member and requests access. Some of the other subforums state "Premium Members Only". This one does not.

12. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Hey ladies...now we are up to three here :)

13. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Not a thing. After working all day yesterday (on my birthday mind you) I decided to take today off.

14. winds-of-change

AWESOME!! Welcome to the group. I'm so glad you're here.

15. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Ok. I totally read her post wrong. For some reason I read it as "What are we up to here?"

Wow I must have been tired.

Welcome to the wee little group.

16. winds-of-change

I hope to get more women here. Vincine is a member here and she is a very smart woman and I thoroughly enjoy her presence here on FTF. Also, Cinder and Zombiegirl but I believe at least ZG has expressed the preference to not join us here.

17. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Yeah, I don't think Zombiegirl will join, but hope she does. I believe that she has a lot to offer. I thought of asking Cinder to join, but I dont think she doesn't like me very much, so I figured it'd be best to let it be.

18. shadamai

shadamai New Member

19. winds-of-change

Hmmm......double negative implies she likes you very much. :)

It's okay if anyone doesn't want to join. I PM'd Vincine and she is thinking about it. I highly respect Vincine. She is very intelligent and has taught me a lot since I've joined here.

20. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

I look forward to hearing from her.

And wow. Don't you just love it when your fingers outpace your brain?