Here In Texas

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jusselin, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

it is snowing :D this is cool, hopefully i can get some pics up later

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Saw that on FOX!! Wow, Gobal warming does have some benefits after all!! :D

3. 1911 Fan

1911 Fan New Member

Not a cloud in the sky where I am....where are you?

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm in Fort Worth. No snow here at all. You must be down south, I heard it might snow in Houston.

5. MichaelG

MichaelG New Member

Up near Splendora and we ain't getting much, but a little is good I guess. At least it's not 90 degrees out!

6. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

LOL...I can remember the first time it snowed when I lived in Houston. I thought the town would come to a stand-still, because folks did not know what to do or how the heck to drive in it. :p

Of course being of that age at the time, we could not wait to get out in the snow and drive...we were way ahead of the curve as far as DRIFTING goes :D Heck a bunch of us could have probably ended up driving rally races in Norway. That is until the first fender bender happend :( But as luck would have it, Mother Nature took care of everyone in the form of rebounding on the slippery surface - no injuries, other than some minor sheet metal.

Enjoy the snow Jusselin, take the little ones out in it, and if you don't have any, borrow the family's or the neighbors. Go have some fun.

Slo

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I sooo want to move to Texas.:(

8. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Well, here are a couple of shots of the Texas-Mexico border last night about 12:30 am. I took them on my way home from the bridge. Wild night in Texas.

Attached Files:

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

It's a great state. I'm an Arizona native, but love living in Texas.

In 2004, my family and I took a Christmas Caribbean cruise. Coming back in to the port in Galveston on Christmas day, we came in to a 100-year snowstorm in south Texas. It was amazing. Five or six inches of snow in the Houston/Galveston area.

10. user4

user4 New Member

I'm a native Oregonian, but Texas is closer to my heart. Conservative, friendly, and with a pro hockey team.

11. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

Houston i have some pics that friends sent me, it was a winter wonderland....here it snowed a bit in beaumont but not long enough for the snow to stick to ground

12. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

We got snow here in Bedford Wednesday.

13. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Funny...I moved up here to Oregon...from Texas. :p

I miss it, but don't miss the humidity. I lived in Austin, then moved down to Schertz, right out of San Anton, then finally up to Houston before the road trip up to the great northwest. That was 30 years ago. And as much as I've missed it, sadly...I haven't been back down yet. I'm sure the old stomping grounds have been plowed under and repaved a few times through the years.

But I have to say, despite the occasional rain up here ;), I do love the GREEN of the northwest, and almost getting all 4 seasons. But I also still do the "hook'em horns" when I see U of T playing - LOL...my kid thought I was paying tribute to Ozzie Osborne the first time he saw me doing the Texas horns.

Slo

14. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

My only child graduates from UT tomorrow. He is so proud to be a Longhorn. Hopefully, he'll still feel that way after the Big 12 championship game tomorrow!

15. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i've been wanting to visit tejas ever since i saw no country for old men....before i get too old...:cool:

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Not all of Texas looks like that movie, which was shot down in Marfa (as was "There Will Be Blood" and "Giant"), but pretty close!

17. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

that movie sucked so horribly bad, the violence was cool, the actual movie.....WTF

18. David26

David26 New Member

got snowed out of work in the houston medical distrect u just dont get snowed out of work in Houston that just dosnt happen

19. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

yeah...but cohen bros films will do that. Leave you saying WTF almost as often as the f word is in their script...

i kinda like their wacky storytelling nature.....violence and all.

20. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

:cool:Right now, their my favorite filmmakers. Of course, The Big Lebowski has a lot to do with that