Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
19,840 Posts
Yup, fill out the application, get fingerprinted, get your photo taken and pay the fees. In Josephine County it's a total of $65.00.

· Premium Member
19,840 Posts
I believe it was the same here in Yamhill County.

Also, in Oregon, getting a gun requires fingerprinting and registration of gun.
You lost me there. I didn't have to get fingerprinted to buy guns.

· Premium Member
19,840 Posts
Really? I got a delay, so I'm waiting to pick up a couple of handguns from a dealer. Maybe the fingerprinting happens when I pick them up. Does that sound about right?

· Premium Member
19,840 Posts
We moved here in September and into our house just before Thanksgiving. I got my OR drivers license in early December and went an bought the two guns. I got a delay until Jan. 11th and then they extended it until Feb. 11th. The strange thing is that I applied for my CWP around the same time I bought the guns and it arrived last week.

I'm really shocked about the delay. I have my FFL03, a Utah non resident CWP and had my CA concealed carry permit as well until it expired in October after we moved here. Weird huh?

· Premium Member
19,840 Posts
No, I'm still waiting to pick them up. The shop is waiting for an okay from the OSP. They're the ones that issued the delay.

· Premium Member
19,840 Posts
Oh, there'll be other times. There's no reason I can think of for this, so I expect it to get sorted out so that the next time will be smooth. I've been printed and live-scanned and background checked for years, so this is very unusual and I expect just an anomaly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.