Herd Immunity May Be Closer Than Expeceted

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gatoragn, Jul 5, 2020.

1. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Though, to be fair: a) deaths are confirmed as having happened; whereas b) infections are all but certain to be vastly higher, given only a paltry few of the populations of the world have been tested.

No telling how many have been infected to-date, since this thing started. No telling, either, whether having a prior infection matters at all with respect to reduced likelihood next time around.

So, it's entirely likely were much closer to such "herd" numbers, particularly in well-connected countries that had many people transiting in and out before serious steps.

It'll be interesting in, a couple of years, to know the data that's true. But it's going to take an awful lot of testing, and an awful lot more knowledge about how this thing transmits, impacts people, affects future immunity (if at all), etc. This "novel" time is a booger, whatever else can be said about it. So many unknowns.

ellis36 and schnuffleupagus like this.
  2. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

The evidence is too great to be "dead wrong"
    At issue in many cases is the federal guidance for those filling out death certificates. The guidance specifies: “COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to the death.”

Birx says government is classifying all deaths of patients with coronavirus as 'COVID-19' deaths, regardless of cause

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/othe...-covid-but-toll-may-be-overstated/ar-BB16jzXK

CDC openly admits that it is fudging the COVID-19 death figures
    This revelation comes a few days after it was exposed that officials in New York City were lying about COVID-19 deaths. The normal rules about reporting deaths have been violated by that city in the rush to inflate the body count, presumably to steer more taxpayer money to the Big Apple.

That the CDC isn’t telling the truth to Americans is no conspiracy theory: it’s right out there in the open for everyone to see. The CDC openly admits that it is fudging the COVID-19 death figures.
    We know this because, among other truth-tellers, a plainspoken small-town physician from Kalispell, Montana, has pulled back the curtain.

Dr. Annie Bukacek, MD, explained in a presentation how death certificates are made.

This crisis is more political than pandemic

Ghost1958 and ellis36 like this.

3. schnuffleupagus

I doubt that we will ever know the facts regarding the Wuhan virus regardless of Trumps reelection or not.

Ghost1958 and ellis36 like this.
  4. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

I was strictly speaking to the numbers from testing and numbers of dead, overall. Right now, it's "apples and moon rocks" as some might say: confirmed dead (which are fudged); but only confirmed infecteds, despite having tested only a minuscule percentage of the planet's population.

Even in "industrialized" countries with strong healthcare infrastructure, larger countries simply don't have a clue as to how many infections there are. (I'm sure Iceland knows, if they've attempted it; perhaps Sweden and a handful of smaller such countries, as well. But, not the USA, not Russia, not China, not Indonesia, etc.)

True to form, there'll probably be a few spots on the planet where staffers fudge the numbers for any number of reasons. Humans have shown that much, at least, if our documented history is any guide.

Ghost1958 and schnuffleupagus like this.
  5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

What do you see wrong with that guidance. If someone is infected with CV19 and dies from respiratory failure etc, it seems reasonable to me to conclude that CV19 was the caused or contribute to the death.

6. schnuffleupagus

Prior to this "crisis" when people were hospitalized say for, hear failure. And those people had the flu as well, was the flu listed as the cause of death? Certainly the dehydration and strain on other organs contributed to the acceleration of the death by heat failure.
    But was the flu listed as the reason for death?

Conversely if a person is admitted for surgery and catches a "Staph" infection which leads to death. Is that cause of death listed a "Staphylococcus Infection" or "Complications from surgery resulting in death". Nobody wants to be reminded that Staphylococcus is everywhere in a hospital and we do not know how to get rid of it.

This crisis is more political than pandemic.

G66enigma, Ghost1958 and ellis36 like this.
  7. manta

They would not have died at that time if they did not have the flu that caused heart failure, it would be heart failure with the flu as a contributing factor.

8. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Consider also that people get tested for the Wuhan virus probably more than for all other respiratory infections combined. Of course you will see a greater number of confirmed cases— and a lower, more accurate mortality rate.

The flu virus by the way is also known to cause severe autoimmune reactions such as the Guillen Barre syndrome which resembles polio. (It could have been the case with FDR, before the syndrome was identified)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    schnuffleupagus and locutus like this.
  9. manta

That could be one reason, and younger people being the largest of numbers infected now, plus vulnerable people taking precautions. There is also a 3 or 4 week delay with the number of infections and deaths, we will know in a month or so.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  10. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I think it’s real because we’ve been caught defenseless by a previously unknown germ. But also political, thanks to a massive effort by the news and entertainment industry fighting to stay relevant.

Staph infections are documented and reported to oversight agencies. It is practically impossible to sweep them under the rug. Getting rid of Staph is possible even less. Sterilization, aseptic techniques, and antibiotics can keep it from growing in the body, but it’s always going to be around.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe we should rely more on medical professionals and less on beer-hall conspiracy theorists.

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

To quote Willie Nelson, there are more old drunks than there are old doctors.

Maineiak, Ghost1958, ellis36 and 3 others like this.
  13. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Im not your buddy. And because you say I'm wrong even though I'm simply repeating what is admitted publicly far from makes it so. "buddy".

I didnt tell the CDC , and various other " health professionals " to say they are listing falls, drowning, massive heart failures etc etc as covid 19 deaths.
    You need argue with them, not me. They started out lieing about 9n5 masks and havent stopped lieing yet . Fauci has yet to be correct on even one thing he has opined about this political fooze ball match.

14. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

That simply is not true. It sounds like you are repeating fake crap you read on facebook

manta likes this.
  15. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

16. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Going all the way back to the 1980s and aids. He has been consistently wrong. But he is a member in good standing of the swamp, and as such gets a pass. Especially since he conflicts with the president regularly.

17. Ghost1958

It is true and no didnt see it on Facebook.
    Just because YOU arent aware of it being admitted on public television and in news conferences multiple times means diddly to the fact it is true.

The truth is the truth regardless who refuses to admit it.

18. Ghost1958

Be careful taking selfies and chewing that fast is dangerous . You could lose an eye.

19. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Thats not me. It is a member here though.
    schnuffleupagus

Mercator, ellis36 and schnuffleupagus like this.
  20. schnuffleupagus

I, uh, i didnt know anyone here actually knew me.

Mercator, Oldoutlaw, Gatoragn and 2 others like this.