henry survival rifle

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by rurak, Apr 7, 2013.

1. rurak

rurak New Member

Anyone have one? Any experiences???

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I have had a few over the years. It is a great idea for a camp/survival rifle. They were accurate, just didn't cycle well. It was named the AR-7 long ago.

3. rurak

rurak New Member

Yeah I think it still is the ar7. Henry claims to have worked out the kinks. I have a ruger 10/22 takedown but was just curious about the henry survival

4. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

I have an early version of the henry. it doesn't have the orange insides when the butt stock is opened up.
    not a bit of problems with it. fairly accurate when going for small critter size objects, not for bull's eye competition mind you. I like mine but wish I had waited for an all black model. I bought the silver, and this was years before Ruger offered their breakdown model.
    Mine has a 3/8 dovetail for adding a scope, (newer models have picatinny) but now that I did add one, I have to remove the scope to fully store everything inside the butt-stock and then the scope is floating inside a pack. something to consider.
    no issues with any type of 22 ammo to date. the feed issues of the past are just that. In the past.

So, if I were shopping for something that is lightweight, collapsible and fun to shoot, I'd still buy one.

5. rurak

rurak New Member

Thanks for the info

6. gunownerz

gunownerz New Member

You can get them for pretty cheap too still. Here's one for $227 - Henry US Survival 22LR Auto Black

Just try to find some 22LR and buy it all. Hard to find these days.

7. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Because of this thread..I have added yet another firearm to my ever growing list..haha..my wife is beginning to dislike this forum.

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Let us know how it performs. I want to know if the cycling issues have been resolved.

9. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Well...it is added to the list..have a few ahead of it haha...but sure will once I pick one up!