Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Henry Repeater .22 L.R. Caliber. Is there anything i could do to this rifle get it to shoot a 4.10 shell?! Like a over under savage?!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i know a savage is a over under that shoots a .22 L.R. and a 4.10 so i wondering if you could just mod it out.

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
A really good gunsmith could probably figure out some way to siamese a single barrel 410 onto your rifle. It would be highly expensive, ugly as sin, and probably have terrible balance.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
There is shot ammo in .22 LR

Enjoy that rifle, she is a nice one. Shoot respectfully and mindfully.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
You did know that the Savage has 2 barrels. 1 for 22 and 1 for 410. And it is NOT a repeater.

·
Administrator
34,559 Posts
Henry Repeater .22 L.R. Caliber. Is there anything i could do to this rifle get it to shoot a 4.10 shell?! Like a over under savage?!
Why mess with perfection. Just buy a second rifle. :cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was just wondering because im looking to mod a couple of guns, was just wondering if it was possible..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, now that I read your post I think it is possible to cut down the magazine tube and add a custom made striker fire 410 rifle on where the magazine was.
That way you still got cycleable lever action for a few cartridge and have a single shot 410 on the bottom barrel.
Sort of like an M16 with a grenade launcher grafted under barrel.

So yes it can be done, not easy, pretty or cost effective, but can be done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts