Henry lever action

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by kycol, Aug 19, 2012.

1. kycol

kycol New Member

Saw a new Henry lever action 22lr the other day. It had gold plated receiver and octagon barrel was $187 I almost bought it, been thinking about going back to get it. Does anyone have one and do you like it. Only reason I didn't get it it seemed a just a tad short, but then again so is the little browning my Dad owns and I love shooting it.

2. triggerjob

triggerjob New Member

The reciever is brass i believe, yes they are fun to shoot! I dont own one though.

3. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I have the Henry in .45 colt...I don't remember if it's the "big boy" or the "golden boy". Prob the big boy, now that I think about it.

Very well made, smoothest action I've ever used on a lever gun, including my current Marlin 30A and a Model '94 that was stolen from me 20 years ago.

I would assume the .22 is similar action and quality. Is that the normal price for them? Mine was over $800 with tax, etc....

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That is below dealer price (new).

Made in the USA, and they seem to be okay.
    I have not heard any complaints on those that have come through.

5. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

That is a very good price and a good deal. The reciever on the golden boys in actualy under the brass plated cover. The big boys are not covers.But they are realy good little guns and very accurare and have super slick actions

6. 75370

75370 New Member

Well, first let me tell ya. I was very reticent about buying one, (I was concerned about accuracy and reliability).
    None of the Gunshops in my area carried them. So, I had to call them, take a guess who answered the phone. It was Anthony Imperioli, the President of the company.
    I explained what I wanted and he had it shipped to my local dealer within a week.
    The rifle he sent came zero'd @ about 30 yds. The groups? (well there were no groups) It stuck em all in the same hole.

7. kycol

kycol New Member

Sounds like I just might make a return trip next weekend

8. triggerjob

triggerjob New Member

Kycol,
    If i had your 187 bucks, i would gladly trade it for a new henry .22, I used to have a marlin lever .22 that was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Also you dont need ear plugs to shoot one, which is nice.

9. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I shoot my Uncle's and love shooting it. Where the heck did you find one for that price?

10. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

My son has one in blue with the round barrel, both of us love it everybody we let shoot it ends up buying one. This will be one gun that in a few years you ask yourself why you didn't by it when it was cheaper and available.

11. fmj

fmj New Member

The Henrys have one of the smoothest factory triggers i have ever squeezed.

12. kycol

kycol New Member

The largest gun store in Kentucky Whitakers guns

13. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Four words, "SLIP ON RECOIL PAD"!!
    It'll give ya a longer LOP without screwing anything up ;)

Of course, you could custom-make a Leather Pad and make it as long as you wanted...
    as long as you passed the Leatherwork Merit Badge is the Boy Scouts ;)

14. kycol

kycol New Member

Ok I went back today and got it. Also my apologies I just realized I had posted the price wrong it was $389 not $189.

Attached Files:

15. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

They are great guns. They also have about the best customer service department in the business.

16. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

You will never regret buying a Henry, love mine and they are loads of fun. After you take it out let us know what you think of it.

17. kycol

kycol New Member

I want to take it out today, but it's raining

18. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Yeah I paid $299 otd at Walmart September 2010.

Love it.

19. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

75370, is that C5 parked on the ramp at Travis?

20. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wow. Beautiful rifle. I'd like to see a 'range report' after you shoot it. I would love to own a Henry Lever myself. Someday..........someday.........