henry 22 lever

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by ripcord, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ripcord

ripcord New Member

A fewweeks ago I picked up a Henery 22 lever action for under 100 bucks. I figured I would turn it if it had problems. I took it to the range and was surprized at how well it shot on paper at 50 yards. ( open sights ) It has a great trigger and verry easy to handle off hand. I set a soda can at 30 yards and danced it to shreds. I think i found a new bunny buster for next season.

2. doggone06

doggone06 New Member

Very nice. I have been looking for one of those also, in the $100-150 range.
    Anyone.......?

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

They sell for new about $220 at WalMart. Otherwise just check the auction sites or classifieds to find one. They are great rifles, nice and smooth action.

4. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

I love my Little Henry! If it's raining, I can shoot the primer-only Colibri rounds in-house with a good bullet-stop (I am single - no wife to object), and it is light & handy. Since I got the Henry, I tend to neglect my Marlin 39A. The Henry is just as good a shooter and more fun! It is pure death on soda cans up to 50 yards.
    I haven't found a type of ammo it will choke on. Very reliable, and Henry has superb customer service!
    I'm hoping to one day luck into a good deal on a Goldenboy. Local shops think they really are made of gold!

5. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

They are GREAT guns and accurate as hell. I bought mine at WalMart several years ago for $196. I put the cheap BSA 2-7x TV scope on it (also at WalMart for $20) and at 50yds it can make one ragged hole. The only thing Henry did wrong was to put plastic barrel bands and a plastic front sight on a fine rifle - The walnut stocks are made from some of the nicest black walnut available on ANY gun.

6. rugermike

rugermike New Member

e-mail me

Hey bud e-mail me I may have what you need?
    mikem@tls.net:p

7. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Went to WalMart looking for some .22 ammo and they had none - so I bought a cheap Powerline 3-9x scope/rings package for $28. I mounted it on my Henry in place of the tiny BSA 2-7x TV scope I've had on it for several years. I took it to my range today to sight the new scope in and was very happy with the scope - it is made for air-guns, but it is a full sized 3-9 x 32mm scope with a decent reticle. I used a sight-in target that I photocopied many years ago, and as a result of trying to fit it on standard 11 x 14 paper, I had to reduce it so the grid is 3/4" squares instead of the standard 1" squares. I used the center bull for the initial sight-in, and the windage was dead on but about 8" low. When I walked them in I began shooting for groups starting with the upper left target going clock-wise and ending with the stand-alone target on the bottom right of the sheet. It was very gusty and warm today, so I'm sure the scope/gun would do better on a calm day. Also, with a lever gun it is difficult to shoot for groups since you have to re-establish a cheek-weld as well as the aim point after each shot due to having to move the whole gun in order to lever a new round into the chamber. IMO the Henry is one of the most accurate out-of-the-box stock guns available, and is a great bargain for $200. The Powerline scope is a fantastic deal for a cheap .22 scope. I don't know who makes it for Daisy, but it is strikingly similar to Bushnell or Simmons.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  8. 1861

1861 New Member

My lil Henry 22 is my favorite all around gun.

9. hunting freak

hunting freak New Member

Im sorry yall but henry is a joke a real 22 iever is a marlin or winchester.

10. gun nuts

gun nuts New Member

whats up hunting freak i agree you need a marlin or a winchester or a ruger

11. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Had my Share of Bad Winchester, marlin and Ruger

Hello all

While My Only experoience with henry the Little AR-7 copy was not good, I've had Moire than my Share of Crappy Ruger, Marlin and Winchester Brands of levers and Auto's the "Brand Snob" deal is really Just Ignorance in action, sorry fellows, like what ya like, but hating a cheaper brand, doen't make it shoot any worse than the Brand name that many times sucks? I've Been an FFL Dealer for over 10 years and a shooter near all my 50 or so years, rave on, In the end, I know what I know!

RON

12. Wild Will

Wild Will New Member

Golden boy 22 mag

Yesterday I purchased a Golden Boy 22 Mag brand new took to the range
    first shots at 25 yrds were 6-8 in left of the center when i finley got it close the rear sight almost fell out of the dovetail on the barrel
    are they made to look pretty and that is all?? do i send it back to Henry??
    some thing i doing wrong or just a bad one??
    shooting cci 40 grain fmj
    thanks
    Will

13. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

First of all, welcome and you might try going to the "Introductions" section and introducing yourself.
    I doubt you have a "bad" one, as CNC machining and QC today generally discounts that theory. It's hard to tell what's wrong by your description. Every gun likes a specific brand of ammo. My Marlin .22 mag won't group worth a damn with Winchester ammo, it only likes CCI. My Henry .22 only groups well with Federal 550 Value Pack ammo, everything else opens up to over 1" at 50 yds. Is your front sight drift adjustable for windage? If so, you may need to split the difference between the rear sight and front sight (you will move them in opposite directions - the rear towards the direction you want to move, the front in the opposite direction). It's also possible that the barrel is bent, although this is a very rare occurence, it happened with a Winchester 9422 that I bought years ago.

14. Wild Will

Wild Will New Member

Thank you for the info
    i have gotten it better with moving the front opposite
    I guess i expected it to be closer to right on from the git go
    will

15. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Well Henry Rifles are made in the USA and will not be made overseas like some of the marlin or winchester's are. Henry rifles have been an American icon for years and are just as accurate if not more than others. I have nothing agianst Marlin or Win's but to say that an American ledgend is a JOKE makes me think you are either a Commie or just plain stupid:mad:

16. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Originally Posted by hunting freak [​IMG]
    Please enlighten us on the reasoning for your opinion. I'm just curious, that's all.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You have GOT to be kidding me. Did you just wander into a new forum and shi'ite all over an American Icon??

Holy Christ - Somebody get a body bag....:rolleyes:

JD

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

While I wouldn't go as far as you did, I prefer to think our new member is uneducated and be willing to give you a plus one. :D

JD

19. Wild Will

Wild Will New Member

just an update on the GB 22mag
    I got a response from Henry service rep and they are sending a UPS shipping to return to the factory for accuracy testing
    also the store i purchased it from gave me a plain unmarked box to ship it in
    i am getting less upset by the day
    Will

20. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Henry Rifles normally has good rep service. I hope they do you as good as they have done others.

Sorry if I stepped on your toes on this one JD but that statement just burnt my biscuit. Not liking a firearm is one thing (lord knows we all have our preferences;)) but calling an American icon and an American made rifle a JOKE just pissed me off.