Helpful: Everyone Needs To Watch

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MikeJK, Jun 24, 2012.

1. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbhmDOY4BeE[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Excellent video. Hadn't seen before. Thanks Mike!

3. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Thanks. I was hoping more members would get some use out of this video. I did.

4. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

Good video. I can't wait to get to the range and try what I learned. I think the basic stance and grip would work for all types of shooting and firearms.

5. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

Great video, thanks

Those guys at 21st definitely know what they are doing, wouldn't hurt subscribing to their youtube channel

6. xRacerX75x

xRacerX75x New Member

Mike I've heard you talk about the thumb over grip and it's positive impacts, this vid helps a newcomer like me understand it a whole lot more clearly. Thanks for posting.

7. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Noted this and tried it after seeing the MagPul Dynamics "Art of the Dynamic Carbine" video. I like how these guy's explain the physics of recoil and how the forward grip helps.

8. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

I'm not a rifle guy and I'm a fairly new shooter, less than a year at age 57. But I like the discussion about moving weight forward.

I shoot a 9mm pistol, so at 200 lb I should outweigh the recoil. But the scatter in my groups suggests that isn't happening.

My son suggested that I take a more aggressive, forward stance ("nose over toes"). Doing so automatically bunched up my chest and locked my arms and neck together behind the gun.

At 57, my sight picture wanders a bit more than you young guys, but with this stance adjustment my wandering is about half to three-quarters of what it was. Doesn't sound like much, but even three-quarters of the wander represents about half the area covered. That's going to mean a lot tighter groups.

Great video! Thanks!

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Balota, if you really want some good instruction you are in the right place. I've heard great things about a training group in Tulsa.

http://www.tdsatulsa.com/courses.php?course=URBANRIFLE

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/

10. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Thanks Mike! I'll check out TDSATulsa. I've had one marksmanship class, but it was the first time I'd ever touched a gun. No draw training. Also have my CCW, so I don't need that course. Probably start with the basic marksmanship class and work up from there.

11. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Not a problem, anytime.