Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ALfiremedic1, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I currently have a M&P shield and I hate the trigger. Like I really hate the trigger. I did a little polishing on it, and its better, but it still sucks. I also have a glock 23 gen 4 with all the ghost trigger goodies on it and I love it. Im contemplating getting rid of the shield and going with a XDS. I'm rather thin framed so a glock 27 would be a little thick for me to CC. I've heard that the XDS trigger isn't much better then the shields so I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place! I need help

2. rurak

rurak New Member

I've read that an Apex trigger kit really makes the shield outstanding. I just bought a shield 9mm but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet :(

3. nicklarimore

nicklarimore New Member

This subject is popping up everywhere nowadays and I always have to recommend apex. People might start suspecting I work for them lol. (I don't) I have the kits and have called them directly with questions about the install. And I can only give the highest praise.

4. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

My problem is that I can't justify spending 100 bucks for a kit that I bought for my Glock for 17 dollars.

5. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

6. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

That's interesting...I have several buddies that have the shield....I have shot several m&p's also....I have not noticed the trigger to be too bad....to each their own though....

7. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Apex Trigger Job...

Had a talk with my Local PD friend about it...He has it on 2 of his Guns,..not sure which. I remember getting the Trigger Adjusted on my Taurus PT 92 to feel more like My Beretta 92....

8. DenverSteve

DenverSteve New Member

First of all I discourage "polishing" a trigger (whatever that is) unless you are a trained armorer or certified Smith & Wesson gun tech. Any oops moment occurring afterwards could be problematic for you. So, take it to a qualified gunsmith and get their opinion. I sell a lot of S&W pistols and haven't seen, or felt, the need for any trigger change.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Better not get a 1911.

You'd get spoiled! ;)

10. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I done several trigger jobs on M&P Shields. It makes a huge difference.

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Time to upgrade to a Springfield ;)

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I agree Steve. Mine was not "polished" but "tuned" correctly. I usually never have work done to a new Handgun internally. A new set of sights, or a Light or Laser/Light combo(bought a cheapie combo for my SR9 until I can afford something worthy of Tactical use. Bought a Laser Lyte because they are local to us so the LGS's here get good deals, plus they sponsor our Range, so for $95 I could not go wrong with the frame mounted model for my LC9). These days I'd rather save the money for a good Night optic for my Mini or the 9mm AR I'd like to build, or the 12 Ga I'm picking up today. Also want to upgrade a few guns to add optics but can't afford EOtech prices,...so it will be Burris instead for the time being..

Havoc: I have been looking at Springfield's Handgun line up for some time. I love the EMP! I just got PD for some freelancing I did during the NFL Draft, so I think by next week I will decide what my Next two purchases will be, one for the volunteer Gig, and one for "Off duty," unless I just continue to carry my LC9 in the off duty role as well as Personal CC.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013