Help :)

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by xdm11chad, Jun 17, 2012.

1. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

K I found this in the house I bought it says on the side MAK-90 sporter

Attached Files:

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Is it full auto? If so turn it in to the BATFE and tell them the circumstances behind it being your possession. If semi contact your local sheriff's department and reapeat process and run the #'s. If comes back clean I'd say you have a decent gun.

3. unclebear

unclebear New Member

ya you have to make sure that thing hasn't been stolen or used in a crime, my cousin bought a gun privately he got pulled over and the cop ran the number the gun was stolen. My cousin almost went to jail, turned out the guy he bought the gun from had a pretty good collection of stolen items in his house.

Better to be safe then sorry

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i would recommend be safe rather than sorry for having an illegal or stolen firearm. look on the brightside, even it turned out to be either, at least because you found it, then you're not out any money spent on it.

5. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

It's not stolen just called in on it the house was repoed so they said whatever was in the house is now mine so is this a good model?

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Should be just fine mon ami

7. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Where can I find a side fold stock and a better grip and handguard? Web sites??

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Try brownells, midway USA, shooters choice, sportsman's guide,

9. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Slant cut receiver? Is that bad??

10. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

The Norinco MAK-90 is an excellent AK variant with a 1.5 mm receiver rather than the normal 1 mm. This means that it is stronger than most AKs. I normally see them for about $600. It's Chinese BTW.

Be aware of 922r compliance if you decide to change the stock.

And no, slant cut isn't good or bad. You just have to buy the stock for a slant cut.

I'll give you what you got in it.:D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  11. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Had to buy a 100,000$ house to get it so that's what I got in it! Lol anyone got a link to a side folding stock that will go in the slant cut

12. sputnik1988

Lol, no you can keep the house, just want the rifle.

As for the stock, that would depend on if you want a drop in replacement or something that will require some smithing. The drop in's are not as nice as the latter. Also, do you want a tactical style or more of a traditional AK style?

13. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

I want galil style hand guards and a saw pistol grip with a side folding stock all black

14. sputnik1988

I'm having a HARD time finding any folding stocks for a slant cut MAK-90. You may be out of luck there. Nice wood stocks are about all I can find.

15. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Or a stock that looks like a folder but don't fold

16. sputnik1988

If you were interested in a AR15 style setup, a VLTOR buffer tube may work, I would do some research though.

If you do go that route, it makes an AK infinitely more comfortable.

17. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

Sweet rifle. I'd have to say that Norinco Mak 90's are some of the highest quality AK's. Hold on to the rifle!!!!!! Norinco Mak 90's are getting harder to find. Last one I seen was had a thumb hole stock. It went for $800 at a local gun shop. That was 2 years ago......

18. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

slim pickings for a slant cut mak I have one and the only good stock is a Iron Wood stock specifically made for the mak. I bought a adapter but they all are crappy and are not solid

19. orangello

orangello New Member

So a LEO ran the serial number by the BATF and reported to you that it was not stolen, over the telephone? That is one helpful LEO.

I remember the MAK-90's, made to slide by some restrictions with that thumbhole stock and all.

20. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Well a guy has the same gun and wants to trade for his square cut receiver because he likes the thumb hole stocks?? Should I do it of have to drive 100 miles round trip