help

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Marcusmtch, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Marcusmtch

Marcusmtch New Member

I am very new to hand guns. I just recently bought an xd 45 acp but can't keep my form right or sight picture to stay on Target. Any advice?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

More practice!

Not trying to be a pecker, but that's the only thing I know. Make sure you use the proper stance, form, and sight picture for each and every shot, and just keep practicing. It doesn't come overnight.

By the way, welcome to FTF!!

3. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

This diagram has helped me out a lot. Not sure if it is what you're looking for. But keep up the practice!

ForumRunner_20110904_033500.jpg

4. Marcusmtch

Marcusmtch New Member

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Rather hard to do this long distance, but will give it a shot (pun intended)

You need a coach- either someone that can watch and critique, or a video cam so you can self critique.

Take a look thru this video series- Video: Lean About the Types of Pistol Shooting Stances | eHow.com

Focus on your front sight.

diagnostic target.jpg

Use this pattern to get an idea of why your bullets are hitting in a given sector

Be certain you are using GOOD hearing protection any time you shoot- a lot of new shooters develop a flinch- not so much from recoil as from that NOISE that hurts. And many new shooters focus so much on their grip that they overlook the first part of these videos- where your FEET are located.