Help with Uncle Mike's Remington Swivels

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by PaulDano, Dec 22, 2010.

1. PaulDano

PaulDano New Member

I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section, or anything of that nature.

I currently own a Remington 870 Wingmaster. I wanted to get a swivel from Uncle Mike's website so I can carry it around easier. I'm trying to find the right one for my gun.
    I found this one: Uncle Mike's - Remington Model 870 Express
    And this one: Uncle Mike's - Remington 870 & 870 Youth

I'm afraid I don't know the difference between the two and I don't want to order the wrong one. Thank's in advanced for your help.

2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

It depends on whether you have and old Wingmaster or a new one. The first one you have listed has the ratchet system to secure the magazine end cap. If you have an older Wingmaster and will remove the magazine cap you'll see a small ball that ratchets into a set of small notchces. If you have a newer gun, they changed the cap retention system and it won't have the ball and notches, so you'd have to order the second one you have listed.

Truthfully, either will work, but if you want to be picky and match exactly what is on your gun now, that's the differences. The detent system just makes sure the cap won't ever come loose. :cool:

3. PaulDano

PaulDano New Member

Great! Thank you very much!

Here's a picture of mine, looks like I got the old one...
    [​IMG]

I suppose I'll go with the first one then. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010