Help with trigger upgrade

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by g17frantz, Sep 26, 2011.

1. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Hey all, wanna upgrade my trigger on my Sig. That's the one complaint I have about mine, I want it skelotonized. I didn't mind the solid trigger at first but its kinda bugging me now. Any suggestions? I've been heavily leaning towards the Svi trigger b/c lets be honest, looks pretty wicked and I wanna get my trigger # to about 4/4.5 #'s. Any feedback on Svi or some other ideas would be great and one last question, are most triggers going to need to be smithed or a lot of them drop-ins? And how difficult is it?
    Thanks

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Attached Files:

• 105.jpg
      105.jpg
      File size:
      34.7 KB
      Views:
    • 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 KB
      Views:

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I just got a new trigger for my XSE Government.

[​IMG]

This place makes some great 1911 parts.

E Trigger 1911: Evolution Gun Works Inc.

Trigger installation is not a big whoop. You shouldn't have any trouble fitting it.

You do know that the trigger has little to do with the pull weight, right?

A trigger job requires the stoning of the hammer and sear.

NOT a job for a novice. Ask around for the best 1911 trigger man in your area. Word of mouth is the best way to find them.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The trigger you have selected is a light-weight "race" trigger.

If you are going to use the gun for personal defense I'd recommend a full bow trigger, not the LW version.

[​IMG]

Compare the width of the trigger bow between these two.

[​IMG]

Just my [​IMG]

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I really like my Ed Brown national match trigger, it feels pretty good

6. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Cane I did not know that changing the trigger out would not lower my # of my trigger pull.
    Still kinda new to owning a 1911, used to glocks, rugers etc etc.

Well the second picture (red one) is added on to the trigger bow. The gentleman who made my holster sent me a pic of his and instantly fell in love. Even in this pic, now that you can see the fit on a 1911 you still be considered a race trigger?
    And BTW those are basic pics on Svi's site, don't want a blue and red combo. Is it just the overall length of the actual trigger that determines "race" or what?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Welcome to the world of customizing.

The different lengths are to help you have a comfortable placement of your trigger finger only.

By the way, how many rounds do you have through that thing? It doesn't look like its been shot much. :)

8. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

That is not my gun, just showing what the trigger looks like installed. And I've got 500+ through her now.