help with transfer.....

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by m72law, Apr 29, 2010.

1. m72law

m72law New Member

i went to a gun shop down the street,asked the guy with his ffl if he would do transfers...he said yes...so i asked for a copy of his ffl and he said all i had to do was send the company his copy of 01 FFL and order what ever?.when he gets the rifle i come down and fill out the norm paper work..so-on..now the place i placed the order was SOG...the gun has shipped,but now for some reason what i have done is illegal?....anyone know what is to be done (legally)when buying a gun offline....i have my C&RFFL and have ordered dozens of rifles,pistols and never had any problems...w.t.h. gives?i live in N.C....

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I'm not making much sense of your post. I've followed the same basic process many times:

a) get copy of my dealer's FFL and send to the seller
    b) pay seller for the gun and seller ships to my dealer
    c) go to my dealer, fill out Form 4473, pay transfer fee, take gun home

Can you possibly clarify?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010

3. m72law

m72law New Member

thats what im trying to figure out NGIB....now i might see the problem...for some reason it looks as if the problem might be because when i check the tracking numbers and the address it says the firearm is coming to my house!:eek:i have an account with sog with my C&R on file with them,so somewhere along the lines my address is the shipping address of the rifle...if it does show up at my home,i would guess i need to haulass down to my local FFL dealer and see what can be done about changing the shipping address...i called sog and who ever is running that sh*thole dont know nothing about it?or much of anything else about anything:confused:....my ffl guy said he would contact the batf and see what can be done about it...god pray for me:confused:

4. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

It sounds like a foul-up on the shipper's part, or you didn't make the new shipping address clear to them. Having the FFL contact BATF prior to the arrival should be a definate plus in your favor. You are probably right about hauling butt to the FFl if, or when, it comes to your house. Don't even open the box.

5. m72law

m72law New Member

when i filled out the shipping and billing address sections....i put my address for billing and his for shipping...also left a his info in the comment box before placing the order....?its just my luck that when trying to get a good deal on something...it turns out to be sh%t...i think this will def. be the last time i do any business with S.O.G.....i would've used aimsurplus but they where out of the rifles:(thanks for the advice on not opening the box glasshartt...cause if it was to come here it would be hard not to take a peak:eek:...

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It's best to refuse the shipment if it does come to your address. Even accepting the shipment breaks the law whether you open the box or not as you'll then be in possession of the gun...

7. m72law

m72law New Member

now thats really good advice....if im home at the time...i might be working of course it requiers an adult signature so...im wondering if there might be a possable way to ask the ups driver if i could change the devilery address on it..when it gets shipped back to the terminal?

8. m72law

m72law New Member

scratch all that...i just got off the phone with ups and they said it is going to the ffl dealers address....thank god!....when i look on sog's website and from what the lady told me...it was coming here.?but it still leaves me wondering why the guys wife (ffl holder) told me and my father-n-law that what we did was illegal?its so confusing what these people from sog and the ffl dealers wife is telling us:confused:he ordered a small hangun ...same way i went about it..from sog...got copy of ffl from gunshop guy...faxed copy to sog...they confirmed they got the copy...and placed and paid for order....the ffl dealers wife told us that sog was a gun distributor not a gun dealer...whats the diffrance?they canceled his order????heck theyre website says (welcome to the dealer online store)...might just be easier to file for a 01ffl of my on,sense this seems to be turning out to one big mess...sorry for all the crying and wasting bandwidth:eek:

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As far as a Federal Firearms License status, there is no such thing as a distributor. There are Dealers, Pawn Shops, Collectors, Manufacturers, Importers, and then folks that fool around making ammo, destructive devices, etc. SOG is a wholesale DEALER. Your ordered a gun, shipped to YOUR 01 FFL Dealer. When it gets there, you go do the same paperwork with him that you would if buying the gun from him. If the gun is a C&R, then it CAN be legally shipped to you, and no transfer dealer is required- but non- C&R guns must go to an 01 or 02 FFL for transfer to you.

Quit listening to the dealer's wife, save the panic thing for situations that need it. :D She may be irritated that SHE did not get to sell you the gun with suitable markup.

10. m72law

m72law New Member

thanks c3....thats what i told my father-n-law ..that the woman had her panties in a wad because of not making a killing off the firearm...its to be deliverd today and we'll see what happens when the ffl guy calls...the lady and guy with ffl's dont understand that if they treat me right i could bring them more business then they would know what to do with.(they just opened)...this is why i sent off for an o1ffl app. kit last night...my dad-n-law said he would pay half of the 200bucks for the fees and he already has a business (storefront) if need be to buy,sell firearms....i would love to do it from home if possible...there shouldnt be no kind of zoning problems out here in the sticks and is it called a tax i.d. number or what ever to have before the batf grants me permission to conduct business?...either way this bad experience might just be a good change in my income...;)

11. m72law

m72law New Member

OK UPDATE....the ffl holder refused the rifle because they didnt order it???so i guess this transfer stuff doesnt set well with some ffl holders...:( sense the ffl dealer is sending the rifle back to s.o.g. i get to eat the shipping and pay a 15% restocking fee:mad:....is this friday 13th?....guess my 01ffl dealing is done untill or if i can own one myself....thanks everyone for your input.

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

This thread just confuses the hell out of me. If you went to see them, personally, to get a copy of the FFL - how could this happen? I know of cases where folks use the "FFL finder" on Gunbroker without contacting the dealer - but never after you've made personal contact...

13. m72law

m72law New Member

lets do some copying and pasting here...start at bottom read up...

it was delivered...i tracked the package using UPS...they (ffl dealer) refused
    it...it says because they didnt order it??...i guess they are peedoff because
    they didnt get to markup the price on the rifle 40%...of course the ffl holder
    told me all he would charge was 15 dollars to do the transfer...this just dont
    make any sense...?...i've done a little business with you in the past and had
    good results...to me it seems like this 01FFL holder is trying to get
    greedy??thanks
    ---- sales@southernohiogun.com wrote:
    > This order was processed and shipped out on 4/28/10. It was not stated that it
    was illegal but that we ask for the dealer to approve the order since it is
    their FFL that is being used. It's jut company policy. Your order is fine and
    should be delivered today or Monday. If you have any other concerns please let
    me know.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > SOG, Trish
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: tucker3810@roadrunner.com
    > To: sales@southernohiogun.com
    > Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 11:29 AM
    > Subject: Re: SOG order 100008670
    >
    >
    > for some reason...my FFL deal said he talked with you about my order....and
    he said from what you told him it was illegal transaction that we did???...i
    know of over a dozen of 01FFL holders that give copies of they're FFL's to
    customers and they do just as i did when placing a order on line...it goes
    something like this...
    > a)get copy of my dealer's FFL and send to seller
    > b)pay seller for the gun and seller ships to my dealer
    > c)go to my dealer,fill out Form 4473,pay transfer fee,take the gun home
    > i have many friends that have done this with no problems,10's of times...so
    what is the problem with this transaction....?thanks
    > ---- sales@southernohiogun.com wrote:
    > > I will get this order processed today for you.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > SOG, Trish
    > > ----- Original Message -----
    > > From: tucker3810@roadrunner.com
    > > To: sales@southernohiogun.com
    > > Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 6:19 PM
    > > Subject: Re: SOG order 100008670
    > >
    > >
    > > he called and talked with someone & i was just wondering if there is a
    problem with my order...when i check my order status online it says its still on
    hold?...thanks
    > > ---- sales@southernohiogun.com wrote:
    > > > Our number is 1-800-944-4867. Please have him reference the order
    number when giving approval for you to order. My extension is 225.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > SOG, Trish
    > > > ----- Original Message -----
    > > > From: tucker3810@roadrunner.com
    > > > To: sales@southernohiogun.com
    > > > Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 5:25 PM
    > > > Subject: Re: SOG order 100008670
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > whats the number he can reach you at
    > > > thanks
    > > > ---- sales@southernohiogun.com wrote:
    > > > > Casey,
    > > > > I show we did receive your dealer's FFL that was faxed.
    However, before I can place this order we will need the dealer to call in and
    approve this order. Once we hear from him this order can be processed for you.
    if you have any questions please let me know.
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks,
    > > > > SOG, Trish
    > > >
    > >

14. m72law

m72law New Member

ups status...Location Date Local Time DescriptionWhat's This?
    SALISBURY, NC, US 04/30/2010 12:30 P.M.(((( RECEIVER STATED THEY DID NOT ORDER AND REFUSED THIS DELIVERY))))
    04/30/2010 6:17 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
    04/30/2010 6:00 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN
    04/30/2010 1:32 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    GREENSBORO, NC, US 04/30/2010 12:02 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    GREENSBORO, NC, US 04/29/2010 3:21 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    SHARONVILLE, OH, US 04/29/2010 4:16 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    SHARONVILLE, OH, US 04/28/2010 6:38 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    US

15. m72law

m72law New Member

3rd time trying to call him today....he's still not around...but i'll have him call you(wife) says....ima about to do a drive by on these mofos....NO!!!not shoot up the place!:Dheck the guy with the ffl i thought was pretty cool dude.good price on primers too,and less then 2miles from the house...i shouldve known,when something is to good or convenient...well theres no such thing!..but if he dont call me asap he wont be getting anymore cookies from me:)

16. m72law

m72law New Member

i love S.O.G.

704 209-0212...thanks
    ---- sales@southernohiogun.com wrote:
    > Casey,
    > We were going to try to give the dealer a courtesy call to see what the
    situation is but we do not have a contact number. Do you have a number where we
    could reach Mr. Rodney Randall?

17. m72law

m72law New Member

now this is a big crock of sh&t....

Casey,
    I did speak with the dealer. Rodney was not aware that this order was being placed on his account/FFL. When the package is received back here your card will be credited less the refused shipping of $16.80. Unfortunately, you will need to get with the dealer concerning the reimbursement shipping charge. He did say if you still want this item you will need to get with him to have the order replaced. If you have any questions please let me know. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thanks,
    SOG, Trish

how in the he*l could he not be aware that this order was being placed...if he gave me a copy of his ffl along with telling me what he charges for the transfer fee....so im eatting 17bucks...plus there is another $609.&change on my credit card w/6% intrest rate untill they get the rifle back....i still dont see where there was a problem when placing the order???

18. m72law

m72law New Member

i think ill just keep buying C&R stuff until i have permission to buy 01 stuff...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you go to Auctionarms.com, or gunbroker.com, and use the "find a ffl" link, those are folks that have registered with the websites that they are willing to serve as a "transfer dealer". I have an 03 FFL, but have a couple of local 01's that receive new guns for me. You need to find you another 01 FFL that has an attention span greater than that of a goldfish.