Help with old gun price

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ArcticCat843, Jan 11, 2008.

1. ArcticCat843

ArcticCat843 New Member

First of all hello! im not really sure if i have this in the right place but anyways....

My grandpa has a double barrel mussel loading shotgun. Its a w.w.greener. From what we have been told its a model "48 duke"

From the research ive done on greeners, they seem pretty valuable. We basicaly would like to know what its worth, maybe a little history on it, and anything interesting.

We had a guy apraise it and he sad ti MIGHT be worh 500 bucks. Now from all the other greener prices ive seen, thats a little low.

i have some pics of it somewhere, ill go dig them up and add them in a min....

Thanks in advance,
    Josh

2. ArcticCat843

ArcticCat843 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any info at all on this gun would be great! oh and like i said, im not 100% sure its a model "duke 48"

3. Righteous

Righteous New Member

do not see anything in the book called a "Duke 48"
    there prices seem to range in the mid $1500.00 for average grade "60%" gun in there other models

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Don't worry about the price. Hang on to that thing, it should be worth more to you any way.

My grandmother has a pre-fire Colt revolver that everyone in the family wants an appraised value on. I just want the pistol. It's absolutely beautiful, It has hand carved, gold engraving on it and a great patina. It belonged to her great uncle who rode with some of the big names of the old west.

I keep begging her for it, but she plans on passing it to her eldest son. I know he will take great care of it and keep it in the family though, so it is all good.