Help with my new shotgun.

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by seanz89, Apr 28, 2011.

1. seanz89

seanz89 New Member

I was just given not less then 2 hours ago a new shotgun. the shotgun is not new but for me it is basicly. it was my dads from a long long time ago. it has sat in a storge space for a long time, he figured i would like it an take care of it better then it had been so far.

so i was looking for a break down an a manual for this firearm. but my problem is he said it was rare.

it is a Stevens Model-940A Savage Arms single shot 20. gauge

all i could find online is a is the 940-Y, which i guess is the more modern version. i did find one person selling his 940A but i cant find a manual or a breakdown for it so i was wondering if anyone here could help me at all.

he said it might be from around 1930-1940. it was i guess there prototype into like a ladies shotgun for lack of better words.

if theres anything else you'd wanna know so i can help you help me i can share. i think i covered all bases.

thanks in advance for any help.

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Post a picture, you will get better results.

3. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Sean,

Go to Numrich gun parts website. They have a schematic for the 940.

Welcome to the forum.

Scubie

4. seanz89

seanz89 New Member

Dzscubie-
    Im actully on the numrich guns parts site you told me about i did find what you were talking about. but when i clicked on the *** SCHEMATIC *** for 940A i come up with a trigger an stock price thats all.

doctherock-
    I relised after i posted that shoulda put up pictures but figured i'd wait till asked just to see if i could be hleped without them. but here is the firearm, right side, the left side, an the top ( hammer an barrel drop trigger)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  5. seanz89

seanz89 New Member

an wow i just notice the images are way huge lol sorry

pictures are now fixed an up

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Is the barrel pitted inside?

7. seanz89

seanz89 New Member

rick-
    no the barrel is not pitted on the inside. it needs to be cleaned but its not pitted.

8. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member