Help with iron sights

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by assualtready070, Mar 9, 2013.

1. assualtready070

assualtready070 New Member

I was wondering if I could mount ar-15 traditional A2 style front iron sight to my Ruger SR 556. It's a gas piston rifle so I won't be using the gas block that is also the iron sights. Does anyone know if there are the A2 style front iron sight without the gas tube slot I want the front iron sight without the gas block. Another concern is I don't have the government profile barrel like the USGI m4 carbine have it has a heavy barrel, is the heavy barrel in the SR 556 the same diameter as the government profile barrel is. I was thinking if I can't mount the standard iron sight to my gun that I would have to settle on a detachable fixed front sight like a Daniel defense or something like that.

2. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

If you have a quad rail covering the piston system, just mount the sights on the rail. Not sure what you asking, you can get some YHM A2 sights that will work fine . Here is a pic of what I think your trying to do. I uses o have A2 sights on mine .

Attached Files:

3. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Your as block might be a .750 , should be the same size

4. assualtready070

assualtready070 New Member

I'm trying to mount the front sight base that also has the gas block built in like the standard GI front soght, I could have then like your have fixed detachable front soghts but I want the front sight that aren't detachable the front sight also acts as the gas block. I wanted to know if I could mount one of those on my gun but I want the front sight that doesn't have a gas block built in

5. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

So your looking for this without the gas block on it huh. I can't find them with out gas. I'm sure they make them. But if it comes down to it you can still use them, obviously with out the gas tube.

Attached Files: