help with glock serial numbers.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by nnola1, Nov 30, 2011.

1. nnola1

nnola1 New Member

Can anyone help me decode my glock 22 serial number.

2. Chris762

Chris762 New Member

Post the serial number and I can tell you more...
    or do a google search.

The first result...........
    Glock Serial Numbers

3. nnola1

nnola1 New Member

The slide and barrel are ctr013 and the frame is ctr013us

4. hddave

hddave New Member

birth date is. 06/98

5. nnola1

nnola1 New Member

Thanks! What is the "us" on the frame stand for?

6. Chris762

Chris762 New Member

I would assume... United States. Probably b/c it was imported into the US.

7. Judah_BenHur

Judah_BenHur New Member

Hmmm

My serial number starts with DLTxxxUS
    According to the chart in the link above (cut&paste);

DLT - G-23 - Unknown - 3rd Gen. - MEP FACTORY NSs

The listing falls between December 1999, and January 2000.
    Yes it's a 3rd gen G23.
    My Father, now retired LEO after 48 years, won this in a raffle at a LEO only event sometime just shortly after those dates if I remember correctly. It came in the old style tupperware type box with three 13rd mags that are stamped "Restricted LE/GOVT only". I believe that time period forbade citizens from having 13rd mags. He took it home where it sat new & unused for many years until he gave it to me.
    But can anyone enlighten me what MEP FACTORY NSs means? All in all, it appears to be a standard 3rd Gen G23.

And yes...it's also properly registered in my name now. :p

8. Chris762

Chris762 New Member

Means Meprolight Factory Night Sights. It was an option for that gun to come with night sights.

9. Judah_BenHur

Judah_BenHur New Member

Awesome Chris Thank You. :)

10. Chris762

Chris762 New Member

11. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

Just call Glock an give them the serial number and they can tell you the exact date it was assemble in Georgia. Make sure all three serial numbers on the pistol match exactly. Remember if you live in the U.S. your Glock will be assembled.. And, sadly you can not buy from Glock Austria. However, be assured it is indeed a Glock.

12. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

Clarification ;
    When I said make sure all three serial match I meant the serial number on the barrel should be the same number on the slide and the grip. If they are different then your Glock has been modified and NOT the original assembly from Glock in Georgia. Hope this info is of value to you.

13. kahrmeister

kahrmeister New Member

Please, can anyone help me with my Glock 22 (GEN 2) serial number? It is CUF743US. I know how to use the guide for the dates, but the U in CUF is throwing me. I bought this from a dealer that told me its a police trade in from College Station, Texas. Hereis what I know about it. There are no finger grooves, it has a straight ejector, and the extractor has no loaded chamber indicator on it. It has an NY1 trigger return spring and TruDot night sights. My main concern is that I just found out that some Glock 22 pistols were subject to recall or upgrade, and I'm not sure if mine is one of them. Plus, it would be nice to know just how old this guy is. It is in excellent condition for a GEN 2 with 100% of its finish intact and no wear on the receiver or barrel. Thanks.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Looks like yours also is 06/98. No recalls of your G22 or any in the C..... block, I think that was in the E..... block and those would be Gen 3s.

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Tried to check both of my glocks regarding the site. They werent listed. All i know i called glock for my first, its made on the date just as the yellow envelope showed. Will call for my second glock.

16. kahrmeister

kahrmeister New Member

Quentin, thanks a bunch on the G22 info. That helps me a lot and I appreciate the time you put into finding and posting the info. Happy shooting.

17. PrinC

PrinC New Member

Mine begins with "SLG".....can't find it here.

18. Arf9ia

Arf9ia New Member

My serial is ehb469us what does that meen

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

EHB should be a 3rd Gen born August 2001. The US usually means it's a LE pistol. Is it a G35?

20. RogerH

RogerH New Member

can any one decode esx*** on slide after "upgrade " frame ha 1esx***us