Help with concealed in belt holster please

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Rael, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Rael

Rael New Member

Hi

I'm new here and as like a lot of newbies have to start right off with a question - sorry. Does anyone know of a good inexpensive concealed in belt holster for a Taurus 357 Mag 4" barrel revolver? Just moved to Texas from New York and always used a shoulder holster in NY but I know the temps are alot warmer here in Texas and wearing a second shirt or jacket will not be the way to go as the temps warm.

I have seen quite a few concealed in belt holsters online but none of the ones I have seen have pictures or say that they are for a "revolver".

Thanks for any help

2. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Look at galco and crossbreed. They have charts for different weapons. If you want cheap check out elite survival systems. I carry my LC9 in one of their iwb holsters. Its secure enough I could jog with the gun on my belt. However I always wear an undershirt or the slide digs into my skin.

3. Rael

Rael New Member

Thanks will check them out now

Have a good one

4. potentialglock

Btw I would recommend spending $50 or up on a holster if you know this will be your EDC. Comfort is a bug factor and there's no denying crossbreed and galco are some of the most comfortable holsters.

5. Rael

Rael New Member

Alright that was a great help - I downloaded the chart. It only listed one in belt which would be a size 3 for my revolver
    at elite Survival but it does not have a strap to go over the trigger. I feel much more sucure with a strap to hold the gun.
    I will check out the other palces and see what they have. You are right about the comfort thing when wearing for hours.

This is the one that will work http://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-holsters/inside-the-waistband-clip-holster-iwb/
    if I can just find it with a strap or trigger

6. potentialglock

You shouldn't need a strap over the trigger if the trigger is in the holster..

7. RiverRat68

RiverRat68 RiverRat68 Supporter

Custom Holster

Rael; You might want to check with Mernickle Custom Holsters, on the web. They will work with you, have a beautiful product, fair prices and a good turn around time. I have a crossdraw holster for my S&W9VE, custom belt and a double magizine pouch, for my 2 double stack spare mags.:)

8. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Also try White Hat Holster.

9. Rael

Rael New Member

Thanks I will look into both of those.

Thanks for all the help

10. Rael

Rael New Member

Still not having a lot of luck finding the exact IWB I need for my gun. I am not sure of the model, but it is a Taurus 357 and on the barrel all it says is 357 MAG with no model number. It is a 6 shot revolver. Not sure where you measure the barrel from to tell is it is classified a 3" or a 4"

Here is a picture of the gun I found on the net

[​IMG]

Elite Survival had an IWB that would work but when I purchase they sent
    an email saying it was back ordered for 8 weeks so I canceled

Any help would be great

Even if someone could tell me the model or frame ot this gun would be a help

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Love my CB belt. 1-1/2 was a bit larger than I need, 1-1/4 would have been a better idea.

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

13. Rael

Rael New Member

Yeah I bet your right lol, I use to live in Phoenix / Tucson and haven't forgotten how hot it was. Thanks I will check those out

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Not many people would carry that gun IWB. You would be better served by a 3 slot pancake holster. When you buy a holster for a revolver you can simply go by barrel length. Personally, in TX I would try to find a snubbie you can pocket carry. I have a 70's model charter that works real well for summer carry. If you buy a charter find and old one, they don't make em like they used to.

15. Rael

Rael New Member

Thanks

I plan on buying a different piece but just moved here two weeks ago
    and towed my boat behind moving truck so the next pruchase will be another truck. Have one in mind and should be doing that in a week or so
    and then will look into something a bit easier to conceal

Thanks

16. cerd71

cerd71 New Member

from the picture, it looks like a 3". Measuring from the barrel tip to the wheel is close enough. There is that space between the two parts. Im not sure what thats called, but I think thats part of the frame. You should be able to round toward the most accurate length for your holster.