HELP... So iv made up my mind on an ak

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ARlover, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ARlover

ARlover New Member

What's a good ak for around 700 I'm liking the yugo m70 Ab2 under folder in black

image-3323118885.jpg

I'm an AR guy don't know much about Aks

2. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I have a Hungarian pre-ban Ak with the paratrooper underfolder stock with wood furniture. The Yugos at one time were some of the best AK variants out there. But I do not know anything about the M70 AB2

3. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

You can't go wrong with a WASR 10/63. You might want to change out the wood furniture on the rifle for a better quality wood or polymer stock. I've never had any problems with mine. They have a pretty good trigger too. It's a Tapco G2. Most of them have a threaded barrel, but the muzzle nut has been welded on. It can easily be grinded off though, just be careful not to screw up the threads. Welcome to the AK club.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Should be perfectly adequate. Who is it built by? They are not imported as whole guns. Parts are installed on US made receivers. As long as it is NOT a Century gun, I see no reason why it will not do fine.

The Yugo's do not have chrome lined bores so clean properly IMMEDIATELY after firing corrosive (or questionable) ammo. It is safest to consider all Berdan primed ammo to be corrosive (better safe than rusty).

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The new VEPRs have some rad new gear out now,

like target barrels, 7.62x51 Nato(.308) and 7.62x54R

chamberings. A little more rakish look, in other

calibers.