Help- Sig or colt ?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by martyd, Feb 9, 2012.

1. martyd

martyd New Member

I started with Kimber -on order then the new Ruger 1911-on order. Cant wait that long. Been reading alot about Sig and colt. I cant buy them all. I shot kimber great gun --sig. great gun. I want to shot tarage with a S.S. heavy 45 w/5in . ????????? Is there a Dr. in the house. Im going nuts.....
    Money tops $1500.00

2. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

martyd, If you read up here it seems the SIG 1911 is getting awesome reviews! I had just about 1k to spend and I went SIG. Some factors are they come with 2 stainless steel mags, as little as only 2 pieces of MIM, and are ready to fire out of the box. The SIG has a great feel too. My Scorpion came loaded with no add ons needed.

I don't know anything about Colt other than they're old.

3. martyd

martyd New Member

I will go to sig. site and look. The one you have is that S.S. and barrel 5in.?
    can you post some pict. here Thanks

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

5. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

martyd, here is a pic of my Scorpion. It is 1" total shorter than the full size. It has a 4.5 inch barrel.
    [​IMG]
    The Scorpion doesn't come in SS. Though I imagine it is SS just coated. I will have to double check it.

6. martyd

martyd New Member

I went to sig. site there are so many. I also need fib opti -I saw this gun
    SIG E26R40EQ 226 40S EQUINOX 2TN
    Who ever posted that colt.. WOW - Your killing me.. I have lots of reading to do- The problem is the gun stores dont have many gun in stock down here. I should go to a gun show.

7. martyd

martyd New Member

Hows the handle ? Its looks short or is that the pict. ? I need a large frame. Just looked that gun up. Has what i need. Price is right. I just have to put that gun in my hand. Handle looks short.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  8. martyd

martyd New Member

I liked the other sig. Can you send over the Model. You guys got my heart racing. You are saying this gun is SS with a coating ? Thanks

9. martyd

martyd New Member

I cant stop looking at this gun. I seen colt but not this one. Is the front site --white dot ? WOW

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

How about this one?

My Government SS XSE;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. martyd

martyd New Member

You guys are pros. After see those guns, im just going to buy the gun or guns and not ask the wife, until i buy the gun, then ask her 4 giveness lol
    Im not going to be able to sleep tonight. What i need to do is look up gun shows, here in delaware.

12. BUSYBUZZ

BUSYBUZZ New Member

Did yo ever look at the Sig C3 with Crimson Trace Sight? It is the same size as the Commander and has a great feel to it. It shoots like a charm too.

ForumRunner_20120209_222301.jpg

ForumRunner_20120209_222319.jpg

ForumRunner_20120209_222342.jpg

13. martyd

martyd New Member

Im on sig site now. No i didnot see that one. The sig SS 1911 looks good but had fixed sites, all i need is a white dot on front site. Is this one 5in ? Whats the price ? Thanks ==I like this one. Marty

14. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Now your getting it!

15. martyd

martyd New Member

On sig gun site-what does this mean- some guns have yes n some say no
    [CA Compliant] yes or [CA Compliant] no

16. BUSYBUZZ

BUSYBUZZ New Member

This model was a special edition made by Sig. The made only about 500 of them with the black Crimson Trace Grips. I was in the market for a Colt but the feel of this beast stole my heart. Look at the web sight and you'll see a C3 with woodgrain style Crimson Trace Grips. BTW, I'm still gonna buy a Colt with this year's tax money

17. Eattheham

Eattheham New Member

18. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

It means, if it says "yes" that it's legal to own/sell in California, if "no" it is not legal to own or sell in California

19. BUSYBUZZ

BUSYBUZZ New Member

Can be sold in CALI......liberal land

20. martyd

martyd New Member

I map quest a gun shop only 5 miles from me. I e-mailed him last night and he has the Sig and the Colt. I do like that Sig C3, has all what i want plus the 3 dot. With 56 years old eyes, that white dot is needed.
    That Colt Commander -gold cup- wow.
    I been living here for 6 years and never know about this gun shop -5 miles . What a small world -3 years ago i was getting coff. one morn. n this guy didnt have any money on him n ordered a coff. -I payed it for him. Got to talking n he told me he had a gun shop [work from his house] This is the same gun shop im going to today. Let you know what i end up with.
    Guys -thank you so much-you pointed me to the right direction.
    Marty D.