Help please, is this a good deal or no

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Kingjazzblue, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Kingjazzblue

Kingjazzblue New Member

Hello guys, I'm fairly new here (even though for some reason it says that ive been on for months now). I hate to start off my new membership here by being so bold as to ask for advice, but I'm in a time crunch and kinda need help here. I was offered a nice SAVAGE 110 TACTICAL .308 for SUBCOMPACT Riffle with scope in exchange for my Sig SP 2340 with mags, holster, and ammo (1 and a half box of hollow points and target pushers).

Other people have offered other things as well like a WINCHESTER MODEL 92 (1892) STYLE LEVER ACTION IN .44-40, or a Ruger SR9 Compact 9mm Stainless, or Beretta PX4. Do you guys think any of these would be a good deal? Thank you guys

A

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Prices are pretty close. It comes down to need or want.

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

You more than likely should have traded for the model 92 Winchester. Even a real beater of a '92 would be worth more than the sig. That was a mistake. On the savage if its got a good mid range scope or better, make the trade. If a cheap scope quess it matters if you need a rifle or need the sp2340 more.

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'd be careful that is a very nice scope on that Savage.

Case in point: I've recently thrown a couple scopes which won't

hold zero in the trash. They aren't worth the ammo they waste.

A lot of times folks try to recoup their losses by throwing them

in on a trade. I'd be sure you're getting a Leupold, or something

else top notch.

The SIG is, unarguably, a fine value. The Savage Tactical, after

all is said and done, is a bolt-action with a fancy stock.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  5. Kingjazzblue

Kingjazzblue New Member

Thank you all for the info and considerations. I'm going with the Savage I believe. I love long range shooting and it is something that is a missing quality in my collection :)

6. bwraven

bwraven New Member

That is the reason you should do the trade.

7. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Good luck with your trade and enjoy the Savage rifle.

8. Control

Control New Member

Due to liability concerns I would not sell, trade, loan or give a pistol to anyone without going through your states background and other requirements.

Sell it to an FFL dealer and get a receipt.

9. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

Are you set on separating yourself from your Sig.? If not then keep it and buy a rifle you want. If your set on parting with the Sic. Then that Savage is a good piece of equipment.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Transfer through an FFL sure. Selling to one is never a good idea. When selling to an FFL you should expect to get about half what the gun is worth. Ffls have overhead and need to profit. Private buyers don't. Depending on the state you're in involving an FFL may not even be necessary.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I agree with Control on this one. When

I sell a firearm FTF, I want to see

a CCW. I have one, and if you don't,

there is something wrong.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

There is a big difference between seeing\verifying that someone has the proper licensing (if required) and selling a gun to an ffl rather than a private party.
    You guys realize you sound like noobs right?

13. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

The 110FP 308 is an older pre-accutrigger model produce before 2001. They are great shooting rifles,and also have an adjustable trigger that most guy's like better than the accutrigger. The factory stocks,Suck,and most change them out with an aftermarket stock.
    The average used price for one of these rifles is around $350-450,if it comes with a scope,unless it is a high quality scope it won't add anything to the value of the rifle.

Damn,Both of you guy's are paranoid!
    As long as the buyer/seller have a valid drivers license from the state they are doing the gun deal in,and a bill of sale is filled out with the buyer/seller's information-Name/Address/Drivers License #/Phone #,and you ask them if they are allowed to own a firearm.
    I've handled personal gun sales/trades like this for many years with zero problems.

Therewolf, I not only don't have a CCW,I will never pay a tax to any state for them to tell me I can do what the U.S. Constitution tells me I have the right to do as an American citizen. The Right To Bear Arms!

If you wanted to do gun trading with me,and then wouldn't because I don't have one of those stupid tax certificate's-CCW,I'd just tell you to kiss my a$$.
    Nothing personal against you,but that's just how I feel against anyone that has that attitude towards legal gun owners.