Help needed choosing optics

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by EDS, May 11, 2012.

1. EDS

EDS New Member

I used the M16A1 and A2 in the Corps years ago. We used iron sights. I have recently purchased a RRA Coyote carbine. I plan on hunting with it out to 400 yards. I would like a scope with some type of crosshairs and a lighted reticle that does not require batteries. What is the best scope mounts for this rifle. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

2. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I built an AR-15 in 6.8 SPC last year as a dedicated hunting rifle for whitetail deer.

The Trijicon AccuPoint 3 - 9 X 40 makes an excellent hunting scope, and comes with several reticles from which to choose, illuminated by either ambient light through fiber optics, or tritium in low-light conditions. The glass is crystal clear and the scope weighs in at about 13 oz. and has a 1" scope body. I chose the green mil-dot reticle, and have been very happy with it. It can be had for around $600 with careful shopping on the internet.

I mounted mine on a LaRue LT-104 SPR mount.

3. EDS

EDS New Member

Thanks for the info.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The Trijicon Mini ACOG would also be an excellent choice. Tritium lighted red crosshair, and very compact.

5. Fixer

Fixer New Member

I'd go with a Trijicon TR-24.

6. richone

richone New Member

i have a redfield 4x 12 on a larue 104 . the scope was 200.00 the mount about 226.00 fits great and solid as heck.

7. EDS

EDS New Member

Thanks for the info.