Help Needed-3rd Dragon 1851 Col 44

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by TC7mm, Jul 26, 2011.

1. TC7mm

TC7mm New Member

I would be most greatful for any information you might be able to give me on this firearm. I know it's a reproduction but can't find out when it was made. It is a revolver with a detachable rifle stock. Colt was unable to give me any help and ARMI SAN. MARCO is no longer in business. Here is everything on the firearm. Each part is stamped with the number 4784. It has a 15 1/4" barrel

ARMI SAN. MARCO – GARDONE V.T.
    3RD DRAGOON 1851 COL 44 BLACK POWDER ONLY-MADE IN ITALY
    MODEL U.S.M.R.
    PATENT No 784
    W.I.ORMSBY Sc NY

Attached Files:

2. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

On the right side of the frame is either a set of Roman numerals or two letters in a box. That's the date code. ASM's were hit or miss as to quality, internal parts were often very soft. That particular version is a fantasy piece that never existed with that barrel length. It may have some collector value to a black powder repro collector but there aren't that many. The stock is probably worth more than the pistol. Ormsby was the engraver that originally engraved the Colt cylinders

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

3. TC7mm

TC7mm New Member

Thanks you very much. There is a box with the letters AC in it. Would you bee able to tell what year that represents? I have added another picture showing the marks. Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

AC is 1977. Sorry, I meant to post the chart.

[​IMG]

5. TC7mm

TC7mm New Member

Thanks, you have been a termendous help.

6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

You're welcome, glad to help.