Help me with this a2 carry handle upper!!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by hidyhowareya, Apr 21, 2013.

1. hidyhowareya

hidyhowareya New Member

I bought this upper from a friend I get parts from for $20. He does not know anything about it except the fact he picked it up from somebody else. It is exactly like a regular A2 carry handle upper except it does not have the elevation knob. It does have a "K" stamp which is on one of the pictures. It does seem to me to be a mil-spec upper from the forward assist being like a Colt style. If anybody could help me out I would be greatly appreciative.

Attached Files:

2. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

That is an A1 upper. Thus no elevation adjustment on the carry handle. The "elevation adjustment" on A2's is actually a BDC and adjusts your zero for different ranges.

E-DUB

3. hidyhowareya

hidyhowareya New Member

Thanks, but where can I find out about who it was made by or what year it was made? Do you happen to know anything about any of that?

4. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

I don't really know who made it but someone may be able to tell you what foundry forged it by the "k" on the carry handle. Other than that I would imagine it would be speculation for the most part as to who did the final machining and when.

E-DUB

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i agree with EW, that appears to be an A1.

no markings other than that one "k", i really think it's going to be hard to tell who made it.

for the price, i would just build it and enjoy it.

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The K means it was forged at Kaiser Forge. Who did the final milling and anodizing will be harder to figure out.

If it was Colt there is often a C that is stamped into the receiver near the raised forge mark.

7. longunner

longunner New Member

I'll give you 50 bucks for it :D

8. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Looking more closely, it is actually more correctly a C7 receiver since it has the deflector and forward assist. Bushmaster used a lot of these for their A1 type uppers. The C7 designation is for the Canadian M16 equivalent made by Diemeco (not sure if I got the spelling right).

Since it has the sights, FA, deflector, and port cover it should fetch around $100 to $150 or maybe more depending on the market in your area. They are good uppers for a very basic KISS carbine or folks trying to make a Israeli clone or a retro build.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  9. Westy

Westy New Member