Help me spend some money

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Olympus, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I have a total budget of $2k to spend on either one pistol or one rifle/scope combo. The money represents a significant amount of time and work on my part and I want to get a gun that will represent that. I want to get something unique, but not something that's collector value will be ruined if I shoot it a lot. I want a gun that I can enjoy shooting. I am particular about all my guns, so it will be well taken care of. I just don't want to buy something to sit in a safe and never be fired.

I'm only interested in spending the money on a gun, something that I will always have and that will always be a reminder of the time and work I put in to get the gun. I'm not interested in suggestions like "Buy a Mosin and spend the rest on ammo." I'm looking for something fairly unique or not very commonly seen that will be fun to shoot. So let's see what everyone can come up with!

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

What do you already own?

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Infinity 1911 they are 100% custom to what you won't. I have seen them look like everything from a colt 1911 to something off of star track.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I've got a pretty well-rounded collection. Semi-auto pistols and revos and mostly bolt action rifles. Just built my first AR so I don't really want to get another AR.

Thought about a MSAR STG, but heard they went under and their guns were hit or miss.

Thought about a SCAR, but I think that's out of my price range.

Thought about a nice Les Baer Monolith Heavyweight, but don't know if I need another 1911.

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Umm.. How 'bout a Medusa?? ;)
    Or a Mateba Model 6 Unica?

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sounds like maybe you could use a lever action or a good flintlock. Idk

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Not really into the older stuff like lever guns, SA revos, or old muzzleloaders.

8. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Definitely a good option, if i had the money i'd pick up an M1A socom

9. slim325

slim325 New Member

M1a socom!!! Lovely dreaming again sorry

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

No M1 of any kind. I think the expense feed a Garand might put it a little lower down the list. But a M1 Carbine or M1A would be worth a look.

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

How about a belt fed like a M53mg42.

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

For $2k? Something tells me that's more expensive.

13. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I did not see that sorry.

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

What about a custom built O/U?

15. kytowboater

Or a matched set of decent ones? 20 and 12 gauges?

16. Olympus

Olympus New Member

That would surely be nice to have, but I'm afraid I wouldn't shoot it much. I've never been a big shotgun shooter, but I can always admire a fine o/u.

17. kytowboater

Track down a set of sequential serial pistols of your choice. Hard to do and worthy of admiration... I'm lost for ideas lol

18. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'm thinking about a high end 22 bolt action like a Cooper. Something beautiful that I can still enjoy shooting and that will always be considered a fine gun no matter the trends. Problem is that you have to wait 6 to 9 months for them to build the gun and I'm not big on patience.