Help me decide...

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by CitiZen-75, Sep 5, 2012.

1. CitiZen-75

CitiZen-75 New Member

I'm new to the site and this is also my first post. Although I'm fairly new to firearms, I've had the oppurtunity to try out my friends AR-15s, Glock 17, AR15-lookalike .22s & a Baby Desert Eagle .45.

I've finally decided to start a collection of my own . At the range I've tried the Glock 17 some more and the Sig P228. I didn't like the feel of the guns on both. So from further reading about guns I came about the CZ lines of handguns and decided I want my hands on a CZ.

Never fired a CZ because none of the gun range around here have them for rental. I really want to get a CZ 75 SP01 but it is backordered and I cannot wait anymore. However the LGS have two CZs available and I just like the grip on the CZs.

So the question is...I have the option of picking up either a CZ 75B .40 S&W or a CZ 75 Compact 9mm. So help me decide which to get for my first handgun. Fyi, I also own a CZ 75 Kadet .22lr conversion kit.

TIA for all input.

2. CitiZen-75

CitiZen-75 New Member

Oh I forgot...both are going for $600. Is that a good price? These are NEW items.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Prices aren't bad assuming they are factory new. 9mm is usually better for a starter gun but I personally would go for the .40.

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I bought a CZ 75spo1 tactical pistol last month. It took 3+ weeks of waiting. It was worth every dollar 600+tax, every minute.

Those guns are all business. All steel, double/single action, no external safety besides a 10.5lb double action trigger pull and your brain. Night sights, 18+1 and a family history praised by no other than Col Jeff Cooper.

Wait,wait,wait. If you are like me I researched for a year, dropped cable to pay for it, and yes waited.

5. CitiZen-75

CitiZen-75 New Member

Another thing I forgot to mention, I live in California and don't know anybody who are LEOs. So I am limited to the guns listed in the CA DOJ Handgun Roster list. :-/

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Don't know about any of that, thank God I don't have to. I'm sure you could google the list and go from there.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No private sales in Cali?

8. CitiZen-75

CitiZen-75 New Member

Yes, you can do PPT.

9. downsouth

downsouth New Member

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The roster applys to ffl sales. Not personal transfers. I live in Massachusetts and have had multiple glocks with 15 rnd mags and a RIA 1911. I even have access to gen 4 glocks if I choose.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Move.......................

13. CitiZen-75

CitiZen-75 New Member

Just an update:

I went with CZ 75B .40 cal. Already ran 200 rounds through it with no problems. Happy with this purchase.

Thanks all.