Help me decide...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dks7895, Sep 8, 2011.

1. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Here's the deal... I want a Ruger SR9c. I currently have a Taurus PT92AFS and like it... but NEVER shoot it. I live on property and it's too big and pretty to carry in the woods. And too expensive to plink with. Do I trade in the Taurus on a Ruger... or wait until I can afford to buy one??? The problem is with the holidays coming and other expenses... my wife has put me on the 'no new guns' list. But a trade is different. :D

Thoughts?

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Hell I'm on the same list, if it were me, yes I would trade. If you can't enjoy you have go ahead and get something you will use and be happy with. Just say'n

3. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Hmmmmm good question. I own both a Taurus PT92 and an SR9c and i love them both but if someone were to walk up and offer to trade a SR40c/SR9c for my Taurus, i would do it with no regrets. The compact SR series guns are just more fun in my opinion. Especially if you live in a 'lax gun law state, you get the best of both worlds, a compact mag and a high cap full size mag. But me personally if i were in the situation you're in, i'd keep the PT92 and buy one, the wife can't stay mad at ya forever :p. Or you could always put it on your Christmas list and hope for the best ;)

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Trade a Taurus for a Ruger?

If you need to think about that, ................never mind. :rolleyes:

5. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Is your wife on the no new shoes list?

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Agreed.

I own an SR9c and I love it, and it's definately a good trade IMO.

7. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

The deed has been done. New Ruger SR9c all black. I traded in the Taurus and am a happy camper.

8. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

That's interesting...guns will last a lifetime, never go "out of style" and can usually be sold for the same amount they are purchased for or sometimes more. Firearms are an investment in security and your future and your children's future. Why is your wife so hung up on limiting your investment in your retirement and/or safety? Her shoes, purses, dresses and costume jewelry probably can't qualify as such a solid investment and I think pointing this out to her might be a beginning to the end of this "List." That is, unless she wants to make a ban list of her own to follow.

Keep up the fight for your rights!

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Excellent points, TekGreg!

10. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Settle down TekGreg... believe me, she is onboard with firearms and their role. She handles the family finances and I have purchased about 6 new toys in the past 2 years. So yeah... we're good. ;)

11. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I know you'll enjoy your new Ruger SR9c ;).

PS- PICS ;).

12. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Trade on brother!!!!!!

13. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Congrats on a great trade good sir, the SR9c is a great pistol! That's a trade you won't regret for a second. Mine is my nightstand pistol:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011