Help me decide which lower?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by okdonk, Oct 16, 2012.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Been wanting to build my 4th. And i want the lower to be special this time. I got Spike's Spider and Pirate for my AR pistols (Form 1s pending). So i want to have something else.
    I got 2 stripper lowers in mind which i wanted to get. Either the Noveske Gen2 Chainsaw $210 or the Quentin Defense US Army Billet $180. Both prices are shipped prices. This time build will be pricey but what the heck. Maybe this will be my last build. :)
    Is Billet receiver is better than Forged one? I kinda like the Quentin rollmark. Also not much people have the Quentin. We all know Noveske is more popular.
    Most probably i will get a BCM upper with Daniel Defense rail. As i don't have any BCM expect their BCG. And i will use DD LPK which i ordered from Aimsurplus yesterday.
    So help me decide guys.. thx.

Attached Files:

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Some of my favorites , The rest of my favs are on my work computer I will post them up tomorrow

Attached Files:

3. Asago0321

Asago0321 New Member

personally if I was building my forth AR to keep if I didn't have one already I would build a Pre-ban colt. I would make it all Vietnam era 20" barrel tri prong muzzle flash. tri hand guards and all originals bayonet, sling , etc.
    I've made one for someone and it was the funniest and most educational build I've ever done. just finding the stuff at gun shows and talking to old vets. It was really a satisfying build and one of my cleanest shooting ARs built to date.

4. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

I would go with the Noveske. But thats only because I've always wanted one.

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Alright that's it. Finally made up my mind. No more shopping in 2012 :).
    Ordered 3 lowers. They are Noveske Gen2 Chainsaw, Quentin Defense US Army Billet & PSA Blemished.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  6. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice...

"I've made up my mind...I'll buy 3 lowers!" :D

I like the way you think sir!

I love the Noveske and Quentin Defense. Noveske will probably be my next build.

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Well i spend a whole day during work and at home thinking which one should i get. And after last night's Obama & Romney debate, i was thinking what would happen IF both of them going to ban AR? So told to myself what the heck, just get the lowers first.

8. ZeusEcho

Yup- same reason I'll probably buy a Noveske lower sooner, than later.

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I also ordered the New Frontier Armory's new billet lower. NFA is my fav local and nearest FFL. It's $125 plus tax.

10. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Here's how it looks like.

Attached Files:

11. ZeusEcho

Looks great!

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

14. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

I got 10 80% lowers about a year ago in a really good deal, and never got around to finishing them. If Obama gets re-elected, I probably will work on them.