help in decision

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by remington7mm, Dec 1, 2010.

1. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

i have been shooting for a while now with older people with foid's. i finally got my own and have a 12 gauge for skeet witch i use alot but i want a pistol for the range. I have been looking at either 9mm or 45acps. ill prolly be getting a sig or s&w. im leaning away for the 9mm because we have one in our household already and it has a good feel in my hand and shot it many times. So my question is are there any model that sig make that compares to a smith and wesson mod 915 9mm that has close feel to it?

thanks for the help i am newer at buying guns but have my headon straight and do a ton of reserch before buying.

2. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The most compact Sig 9mm is the P239 - great gun - I have a pair of them. This one is a .40 but is basically identical to the 9mm. I would avoid the P250 - lots of reported problems - which is why it's for sale cheap...

[​IMG]

4. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

im likeing the 239 you posted i will look into them more, im in illinois so being able to carry is out of the question. do you have anything to suggest as far as te 45 or 9mm?

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

To me there are only 2 types of .45s - either a 1911 or a Sig P220. The P239 is available in 9mm or .40 and they're identical except for the slide serrations...

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Attached Files:

7. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

jo da, do you have any exsperience with these? what are your feed backs? any jams misfires ect?

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Any gun can malfunction but quality manufacturers will stand behind their products. I've owned M&Ps as well and they're fine guns - I just no longer own any plastic...

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Yes as a matter of fact I own the MP45. Thousands of rounds without a single malfunction. The trigger has a long pull as do most with the trigger safety but I shoot better with it then most any other factory pistol I have tried.

Like I said, "give it a try". Only you will know what feels best to you.

10. DrJason

DrJason New Member

I own 2 M&P's (both in the 9mm flavor) and have a buddy with a number in 40 and 9.....I've never had a FTF and I know my buddy hasn't either (and I'll admit that I'm not always the best at keeping her clean)

11. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

deff looking at the mp more now, i noticed them and they looked like they came out not to long ago? the more i look at them and read about them im thinking i might go look at one in person and see how it feels and i might make a purchess. i wanna see if any one recomends anyting else seeing i just made this thread this morning but seems like i have my eyes laid on the mp.

12. Transman

Transman New Member

I lean toward a 1911 but recently aquired a well worn 15 yr. old P220 W.German Sig.Sweet shooter,easy carry,smooth as butta!

13. WDB

WDB New Member

Joe is leading you down the right path. I've own my M&P 45 going on five years, it is my primary personal carry pistol. I have owned many carry pisols over the years and while several are still keepers the M&P is simply hard to beat for ease of use in time of need, easy to carry and simply on target. It's the pistol I trust my life with if bad comes for me. Might not be for everyone but it fits my need well.

14. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

damn states taking awhile,im waiting to get me new foid, cause mine expired. as soon as i get my new one im going to go find a store by me that carrys the m&p and go see how it fits my hands. if all goes well im going to get the m&p.

15. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

just to give you guys an update i did get the m&p 45 and willbe picking it up saturday and taking it to the range the fallowing weekend.

16. WDB

WDB New Member

Congrats Rem, I expect you will enjoy the pistol. Practice often and the pistol will serve you well.

17. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations! Please post a range report when you can.