help IDing My marlin 22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by 4stfire, Jun 3, 2012.

1. 4stfire

4stfire New Member

Hey everyone i'm new to this site, My grandma moved out of her farm house and in doing so i inherited all the family guns. Lucky guy am i right? lol well any way one is a marlin .22 Long Rifle Only, I takes a magazine however i do not have a magazine and have been trying to find out what model the gun is with out much luck. all the barrel says is 22 LONG RIFLE ONLY- Smokeless Greased. then the marlin firearms corroration New haven. conn

Its a older gun, with a slide thumb safety on the end of the barrel behind the action.
    I've taken it to a local gun shop and found out nothing. I know it's not worth anything but it's a family gun and would like to get it in shooting order

I also don't have a camera besides my phone so i can't take a picture but if you think u know and would like one i can text one to you, thanks for the help

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

No one can say what you have without a picture. Is it a bolt-action?

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

We REALLY need a picture. If it is a bolt action, box magazine, safety on the right side near the back of the bolt, it MAY be a version of the Model 80, made from 1934 up to the 1960s.

MarlinGlenfieldModel80G012.jpg

4. longunner

longunner New Member

If you can send text/picture messages with your phone you could send a picture to your email and put it on your computer