Help Identifying some Firearms (Civil War Muskets, I think...)

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cokelover, May 17, 2010.

1. cokelover

cokelover New Member

I'm not too familiar with firearms so can someone help me identify the make and model of these Muskets. Also the approximate value in USD on average if I were to sell them. I believe them to be dating back to the civil war but I can't be sure. They are not for sale at this time so please don't contact me about that.
    Thx a bunch!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cokelover

cokelover New Member

3. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

This belongs in the black-powder and muzzle loading forum. A mod will probably be by shortly to move it for you.
    You should also introduce yourself to the community here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/

As for the guns.... I am not expert on them, but here is what I know.
    Both of those rifles are fired using a percussion cap. A musket is muzzle loading fire arm without rifling.
    The top pic of your second post MIGHT be Civil War. It is a Springfield (the main arm of those days). The plate that with the lock on it appears to have an eagle on it. I believe that symbol was used by the military gun ordinance around the Civil War.
    As I said, I do not know much. Someone who is more qualified than me could probably tell you which states they have been in due to a scratch there or a spec of dust here. lol

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  4. stuntman19832000

stuntman19832000 New Member

Hey man the bottom one looks like a Springfield model 1842. As for the top i have no idea. The problem is during the civil war the south especially, would take older flint locks and convert them to percussion. So it is hard to tell.