Help, identifying a black powder revolver.

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by Amedeus, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Amedeus

Amedeus New Member

I found this among a collection of Remington and Colt revolvers from around 1860's, not reproductions. Then I found this little guy, it is a partial very small caliber black powder pistol from the best I can tell. I searched the internet and history on colt, pocket pistols of the time and found nothing.

It's overall look is very Colt, the cylinder rod, no top strap, connecting pin holes on the bottom plate to connect to the barrel just like a normal colt. It has 3 screws by the trigger and grip, 1 infront of the trigger and 1 behind it, as well as one protruding in from the grip itself, not very normal. I can't find any other pictures of references to a revolver like this online and the extended frame were it meets the grip is not very colt like either. I'm wondering if this is a forgein gun made on colt's design or if this is just some obscure variation colt made at one time. It is a very small gun, half the size of a typical .36 remington.

And info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

.31 Bacon five shot pocket revolver circa 1858.

[​IMG]

3. Amedeus

Amedeus New Member

Thanks, you get the daily awesome award man.

4. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Hawg who makes it, is it British. Can't see anybody over here breaking Colts patents, except for the Confederates, but it is not a military cal.

5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

They were made by Bacon manufacturing co. in I believe Norwich CN without looking to see.