!!! Help identify my sks!!!

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by justinhatton09, Feb 25, 2010.

1. justinhatton09

justinhatton09 New Member

I just got a norinco sks which looks like an m model but it is not made to accept ak47 magazines. It was imported with the wooden thumbhole stock on it.i was just wondering if this is a special gun or if there were a lot more like it.i am new to the sks but i love this gun. Any information would help. Here are some pics below.thanks

Attached Files:

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I do not know about that SKS, but I don't believe AK mags fit SKS's.
    There are detachable mags available for SKS, check out here.
    SKS Magazines : Parts4SKS

Someone with more knowledge then me may come along and help you out with better information.

Go over to the Introductions section and intro yourself and the answers should come shortly.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Shihan, i think he is referring to the model D's or M's that took the non-"duckbill" mags. I have only seen that stock on the D's & M's online, but never in person. If you don't have any luck with the ID here, try there Survivor's SKS Boards - Index . Look for the SKS pictures thread.

Nice-looking rifle, enjoy it!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=158726913 This one is darn similar, but the magazine well looks different. I kinda wonder if somebody put a different SKS in a D's stock.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

My SKS is a D Model that does take AK mags (Also Norinco). I'm not sure about yours OP but most all the SKS I've sen with that stock that come that way where M models. Those those also took AK mags if I remembered right.

How you like that bolt cover? I had a hell of a time with mine getting it where it would not move around too much. IT's a fantastic shooter even when I use the cheap commie ammo.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Looks like an SKS/M. What is marked on the left side of receiver?

Pretty rifle, BTW. Last new condition SKS/M I saw was about $700

6. justinhatton09

justinhatton09 New Member

it only says sks 7.62x39 made in china by norinco ksi Pomona CA...i was thinking it was either an m or d model but it is made to accept sks mags only no ak mags. i thought it was very strange.